Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,095   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Over the years, people have moved all over the place. No one is pure bred from any particular area or country.

If we want to complain about Polish (or people from any other country) coming here then we should also look at the thousands who leave England to go and live in Spain, etc. It's not just one way.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Or all you bastards who come here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Or all you bastards who come here
    There is a crop of Batchelors in the US, and another branch of the family in Australia.

Apparently the decent ones started some kind of soup company in the UK.

About the only thing my ancestors have ever really been good at is making untaxed whiskey, bootlegging.

I kid around that those of us in the US were the ones who got away, and those in Australia were the ones who got caught. (Apologies to my Aussie cousins.)

But this is way off topic. I know nothing about the working conditions in London. Hell, I've never been to London.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm reminded of a comment I read on the BBC's Have Your Say website. *

I was so fed up with the number of immigrants coming into Britain that I moved to Canada.
    I don't think he could see the irony in his comment!

(* BBC's HYS = a place to vent your racist, bigoted and opinionated points of view).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is also from Have Your Say:

"Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer,
    then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way,
    to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
    And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign "
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    This is APUG, not the Daily Mail.
    +1!

And heaven help us if it ever turns into that . The Daily Mail an insular and nasty rag. Just my opinion of course...!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post
    +1!

And heaven help us if it ever turns into that . The Daily Mail an insular and nasty rag. Just my opinion of course...!
    Mine too

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is the antidote to the BBC's HYS site: http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Take your tent and sleeping bag and toilet paper with you. Is there a suggested newspaper which publishes job ads for this friend which will be bought from airport ? I wish you find a job and dont be forced to work for mafia or return home at the middle of winter. And learn the Charities addresses , you will need food.
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 07-21-2011 at 07:14 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Glad to see everyone's so welcoming. I was just pointing out it was a very unrealistic view to come here with such little money and hope for a photography job. It'll be interesting to hear if they manage to find any job, but more power to them if they manage to find what they want.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin