Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,090   Online: 982

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a fellow victim (a few years ago), you have my sympathy! I'll keep an eye out in the S Denver suburbs. Maybe we'll get lucky.
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another fellow victim would like to offer you my sympathy. It is just a terrible feeling to come back and realize that the camera gear we carefully put together is gone and some low life is going to sell it for nothing to get the next fix.
    I hope you find it again. I saw my gear listed on the big auction site 3 weeks later but to late to do anything about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may want to place a WTB ad in the Denver Craigslist. Be generic... Something like, " Vintage TLR's wanted. Rolleiflex, Yashicamat, Rolleicord, etc. considered". If contacted, tell them you're interested in a specific year, so you'll need the serial number to confirm the year of manufacture.
    I had a friend do this, to recover a stolen (non-photo) item. The thief (or fence) contacted him. He called the police, who went to the meeting spot, arrested the guy, and recovered the item. Worth a shot... These thieves aren't rocket scientists...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    You may want to place a WTB ad in the Denver Craigslist. Be generic... Something like, " Vintage TLR's wanted. Rolleiflex, Yashicamat, Rolleicord, etc. considered". If contacted, tell them you're interested in a specific year, so you'll need the serial number to confirm the year of manufacture.
    I had a friend do this, to recover a stolen (non-photo) item. The thief (or fence) contacted him. He called the police, who went to the meeting spot, arrested the guy, and recovered the item. Worth a shot... These thieves aren't rocket scientists...
    That's a good idea. I might try that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshambli View Post
    Looks legit, good luck!
    - Derek
    Looking for a parts prism for the Minolta XE / XE 7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear that man, I haven't lost anything yet, but a few months back I caught a couple suspicious characters looking inside my car, IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY, yeah criminals aren't smart and they tend to run when you come running out with a single-barrel Winchester 12-gauge pump shotgun.

They must have been scoping the place out for a while, I come home late at night from working in nightclubs shooting and went inside to pee and was going to come out to get the rest, I had it stored in the trunk and they had their heads up against the glass trying to see inside, I saw a vehicle out front with the lights off and I could hear them from the porch so I grabbed the shotgun and ran outside and pumped it once so they could hear that uniform loading sound. They scattered like cockroaches and peeled out trying to flee.

Haven't seen them since.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    35mm RF
    SUV's are bad and not just for the planet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshambli View Post
    I just went to check, and it was flagged for removal. What happened?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I just went to check, and it was flagged for removal. What happened?
    Yeah they emailed me about it. I think its because I'm not from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin