Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,079   Online: 926

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might have to check out his eBay store, I'm a bit far away in Florida but if I'm nearby sometime I'll stop in.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll tell my friends around that part of the world, well, mountains.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I work downtown and don't get back in the neighborhood until well after 5 in the evening, so I waited until this weekend to swing by and check out Victory Camera. I have to say I was pretty excited and then I got there..... it was closed. Hours are Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm. I was pretty bummed out when I saw that. I don't know if I will ever make it in there if that's the case. I understand it's probably a one man shop and it is just getting started so maybe it will change in the future.

On a positive note, I looked through the window and saw a fully stocked cooler of film, and some cameras on the shelves. There was also some other accessory gear going in too. It still looks like it is being stocked and set up so I am assuming it will have even more stuff as time goes on.

If you have time during the week, swing by and check it out but don't plan a weekend trip yet.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Derek, thanks for the info. You saved me a wasted trip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen View Post
    Hours are Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm.
    If I might suggest, closing shop on Monday and opening on Saturday might be a better strategy.
    If traditional photography was more of a mainstream thing, more business customers would patronize the business during the week but, since traditional photography is basically an avocation, these days, I believe opening on Saturday would invite more business from people who couldn't visit M/F-9/5. The loss of one weekday would, hopefully, be covered or even exceeded by Saturday's business.

Further, I would like to see this business develop a website. If he did, I'd be likely to patronize via the web.

As it is, now, I use Freestyle, B&H and, occasionally, Adorama. While these are all good places to do business, I would certainly add Victory to my list if I could. Regardless, it's almost always better to have more choices of businesses to buy from.

Fingers crossed! Let's hope that Victory means victory!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like he is selling online through amazon. See the store here if you want to buy from Victory Camera online. This is not a plug from me, I have never purchased anything from them/him, it's just an answer to Randy's post.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I might suggest, closing shop on Monday and opening on Saturday might be a better strategy.
    If you are referring to Joshua Cohen's shop, there may be Sabbath reasons for being closed on Saturdays.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    You have Tom's Rhinoplasty, why not Victory Camera as well?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    If you are referring to Joshua Cohen's shop, there may be Sabbath reasons for being closed on Saturdays.
    Whoops! I don't know him well enough to presume whether or not he would be open on Saturday. I didn't think of that.

Regardless, his prices on Amazon are competitive with the others and, in some cases, a bit better. I'll certainly put Victory on my list.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thanks for the messages

Hi

Thanks Paul for posting this and appreciate all of the positive comments. To the folks lamenting the limited hours, I understand the frustration but realize that we are just getting started with retail and I am still doing most of the sales myself. That said, if you want to come visit give me a call and I could stay late. In the future I plan to have more sales staff and more accommodating hours.

BTW: we are getting our sign installed tomorrow so we will be much easier to find,

Joshua Cohen

Victory Camera

720-379-7789

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin