Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,351   Online: 1235

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen View Post
    It looks like he is selling online through amazon. See the store here if you want to buy from Victory Camera online. This is not a plug from me, I have never purchased anything from them/him, it's just an answer to Randy's post.

D.
    Victory Camera prices on Amazon seem to be pretty competitive, but I would like to know why shipping on 35mm Tri-X (36 exp.) is so much less than other 35mm films.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    This is good news. I just moved back to the area (was in ATL using The Camera Doctor for film supplies) and it's great to see a local shop where I can get stuff. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stop by unless some weekend hours open up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw a Craigslist entry of his yesterday, selling a Pentax 6x7 that was well presented, with nice, big, clear photos of the item and looked very professional. The price wasn't too bad, either. I take it as a good sign that he knows what he's doing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally got some time to go over to Victory Camera yesterday. I was able to leave work a little early, I wanted to drop in while it was still open. I got there and to my happy surprise the store is now open until 6pm on Monday-Thursday. I got to meet josh while I was there, he is a very nice guy. It was a great store and I imagine it is getting better every day. loads of film in the fridge, and boxes full of expired film to play with. Glass cases full of great, clean gear. Nikon, Mamiya, Hassy, Large Format etc. and all sorts of accessories. It was a real nice place go drop in and pickup some film and much more affordable than Mikes (don't get me started). I think his prices are as competitive as many online shops if you factor shipping in. I may not have to order film anymore. I think Josh is still working out what he is going to carry for chems, paper etc. but I highly recommend dropping by if you can.
    Last edited by Derek Lofgreen; 05-08-2012 at 03:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Derek, thanks for the review. I met him at the swap meet and got a pretty good impression of him. He seemed confident and competent. He said he and his partner were each trying to get the other to get out of bed on Saturday mornings to open the store. I think quite a few people have been putting the bug in his ear that he's giving up a lot of business and he might start. Why would you be open on Monday instead of Saturday when your main audience are hobbyists?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Guys, we're a bit overdue for a photoshoot get-together. We've traditionally met at DPP and gone from there. Should we meet up at Victory Camera sometime and take over downtown Lafayette for a while?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm up for that. If we meet on a weekend we will have to arrange it with Josh to make sure he can open the shop for us.

D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On another note, I was in the shop last week and Josh has a partnership with Reed Photo in Denver now. He will accept film for processing at Reeds prices. So you can drop off your C41, e6 or BW any size and it will be processed by Reed. I think it's great news for anyone in the north part of the metro area.

D.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin