Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,057   Online: 776

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead in here.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Dead in here.

Is anyone shooting any more? Does anyone want to have a meet-up? I can attend just about any time if I know in advance. I work downtown now, so I can meet up for after-6pm activities, too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    55 views, no replies. Dead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    55 views, no replies. Dead.
    Must be catchy. I recently attended a meeting of the local photography club in the town we recently relocated to. I was hoping to meet some film shooters. (the two towns in this area are officially known as having an "older" population - old enough I was hoping that the local photo types would have some knowledge of film)

The meeting was at the start of the summer so numbers were down a bit. Even so, there were pushing sixty people in attendance. I met nobody shooting film. I later queried the membership chairperson and they spread the word amongst the members. One response from an older fellow who still had some film equipment "in a box in the back shed somewhere..."

Wow.

(though I know a woman in a nearby town who's still shooting film and large format. Hi Lillian - renos are winding down, I hope to have some "free" time soon, and I will be calling you...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    dead where? Oh, Denver. Maybe just no apug members there that saw this.

Put a poster up at the library, maybe in a local camera shop. Call the photography teacher at the local university.

People are out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually there several members on here from the Denver area. Maybe they are too busy shooting to be on here.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Mike and all,
    I am up for a meet up if we want to pull one together. This summer has been crazy for me so I haven't had much time to chat or surf. I am shooting a lot so at least I still have that. How about a meet up at Victory camera in Lafayette? We can contact Josh over there and see if he would be open for us to check it out. If we do that make sure to bring some $$ so we can support his shop. If not that I am open to what ever.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love to get together for shooting and to meet other APUGers. Unfortunately I have some priorities getting in the way of putting that size of a time chunk together for fun.

And no, I didn't see this until today.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dead in here.

Hey guys! Another meetup would be great, had a lot of fun at the others I was able to get too. As usual my schedule is hectic and this summer has been especially so. Haven't done any shooting in I don't know how long, which sucks but there it is. It's been a very busy summer. If something is set up I'll try to make it. I'm out of town this coming weekend and again in mid October, plus whenever work sends me away. Other than that...
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Actually there several members on here from the Denver area. Maybe they are too busy shooting to be on here.
    Yes, I know several of them. Ironically, I drop this bomb in here, and get a few replies fairly quickly, and now I finally come back to see them . Oops.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Alright guys, nice to hear from you! I can do just about anything. I like Derek's idea of Lafayette and Victory Camera. Next weekend is fine by me -- anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin