Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,770   Online: 992

Shooter
    Multi Format

August 2 meeting

Meeting:
    August 2, 2013

10:15 am-12 noon

Englewood Public Library
    1000 Englewood Parkway
    Altenbach Room

August Program
    Orland and Phil will give a program on their recent trip on “Route 66”.

Bring images of your choice to share with the group

Bring ideas, suggestions for future meetings.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What city and state?

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    mr stone

mr google suggests it is the lovely state of colorad-a
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is also in the Denver sub-forum. That can be seen near the top of the screen when viewing a thread.
    A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    It is also in the Denver sub-forum. That can be seen near the top of the screen when viewing a thread.
    The tapatalk app I use doesn't seem to show me where a thread is, it just has "new threads posted" and a list, I'll investigate but it's still a good idea to add a full address if you're posting an event including zip code since often there's multiple zip codes for the same street numbers (at least around here) there's for example "500 Main Street" in TOWN X but there are FIVE, 500 Main Streets, with different zip codes, so out of conditioning it annoys the heck out of me when people don't put the full address. Maybe since they built your city decades after mine, they don't have those issues.

Sorry.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    The tapatalk app I use doesn't seem to show me where a thread is, it just has "new threads posted" and a list, I'll investigate but it's still a good idea to add a full address if you're posting an event including zip code since often there's multiple zip codes for the same street numbers (at least around here) there's for example "500 Main Street" in TOWN X but there are FIVE, 500 Main Streets, with different zip codes, so out of conditioning it annoys the heck out of me when people don't put the full address. Maybe since they built your city decades after mine, they don't have those issues.

Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry for. I agree it's a good idea to put in complete addresses.

We have our own geographic curiosities in the Denver area. As you drive down a street it will suddenly change its name. To get sales tax revenue, municipalities will annex non-contiguous chunks of land where retail is likely to develop, so you can drive from one town into another and then re-enter the first town miles away.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Nothing to be sorry for. I agree it's a good idea to put in complete addresses.

We have our own geographic curiosities in the Denver area. As you drive down a street it will suddenly change its name. To get sales tax revenue, municipalities will annex non-contiguous chunks of land where retail is likely to develop, so you can drive from one town into another and then re-enter the first town miles away.
    I've only been there once, but it's beautiful! (Too bad about the meth problem) I've considered moving to boulder, or near.

Have a good time at this event!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stone, when I moved here, a friend who lived here all his life told me that people from the east seem to either love Colorado or hate it, and for the same reasons. I have since found that to be true. People either love or hate the endless sunshine, the dry air, the mountains, wide open spaces and the huge sky. Have you heard the saying that in the US, everything loose rolls west? Well, everything that doesn't make it over the mountains rolls back down into Boulder. You would love it there. It might be a bit small for you though, coming from NYC.

Oscar Levant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not from NYC, no one ever reads my profile haha, I live in CT, I chose NYC because its close, I had hoped to someday shoot for fashion magazines and seemed an appropriate name at the time. Alas I hate the city, in a suburban/rural kind of guy at heart...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin