Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,487   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

Local Super 8 Film Supplier?

I've gone and purchased a nice looking Beaulieu 4008 ZM IV super 8 camera. This is my first super 8 since high school and I expect will be fun and frustrating! I'm just wondering if any of you have noticed any front range shops selling super 8 film?

Thanks a lot,

Ed
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    B&H, Freestyle. Imho B&H is best bet. Btw, nice camera. Quite envious

Edit: Oops!, Sorry I didn't realize this was in the Denver, CO group, my mistake. I just saw S8 and got excited.
    Last edited by yurisrey; 05-08-2014 at 11:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correction
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, don't bother with Mike's. You might want to give Denver ProPhoto a call. They are very film conscious and have a lot of different films in stock. (303) 698-1790.

Edit: How can I forget Englewood Camera? They have a much smaller stock of film, but deal used gear, including Super 8, so they might have some. On Broadway in Littleton. (303) 797-0700

Both of these are really great stores.
    Last edited by pbromaghin; 05-08-2014 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a regular 8 foma 100 r loaded bolex c8 and I think I will never afford to digitized it , I dont have a close up digital camera also. I bought it to take single frame camera but thousands of shots needed to finish the film. I am bored. Kodak have a wide array of super 8 films and there is a website who sells film and development and scan together ,

and look at here also:http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/ka...m/s8_filmm.php
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Well, don't bother with Mike's. You might want to give Denver ProPhoto a call. They are very film conscious and have a lot of different films in stock. (303) 698-1790.

Edit: How can I forget Englewood Camera? They have a much smaller stock of film, but deal used gear, including Super 8, so they might have some. On Broadway in Littleton. (303) 797-0700

Both of these are really great stores.
    I quit bothering with Mike's years ago...

DPP is of course a great store, I'll give em a call and I had completely forgotten about Englewood Camera. Thanks for the ideas! Plenty of places have the stuff on-line but I like the idea of just picking some up on a whim if I want to go play film maker. It would be really cool to find the stuff up here in Loveland or Ft Collins, but such is the stuff of fantasy I'm afraid.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
    I quit bothering with Mike's years ago...

DPP is of course a great store, I'll give em a call and I had completely forgotten about Englewood Camera. Thanks for the ideas! Plenty of places have the stuff on-line but I like the idea of just picking some up on a whim if I want to go play film maker. It would be really cool to find the stuff up here in Loveland or Ft Collins, but such is the stuff of fantasy I'm afraid.
    BTW, Pro Photo has moved. They are in a warehouse space at 800 Jason Street, near Mississippi and Santa Fe, amongst a bunch of granite countertop places.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    BTW, Pro Photo has moved. They are in a warehouse space at 800 Jason Street, near Mississippi and Santa Fe, amongst a bunch of granite countertop places.
    Thanks for that, I didn't realize they had moved.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin