Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,755   Online: 1139

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RIP - Denver Camera Trader!

I stopped by Denver Camera Trader on Hampden yesterday and the place was empty. The sign said they are doing business on the web. As useless as their website has always been, I can't imagine they're going to do much business. I loved that place. My wife wouldn't go in. It may have been a dirty, disorganized dump, but you never knew what you would find there.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aw no, really? What a bummer! I used to just love rummaging through all their cluttered stuff - it was like treasure hunting! To be honest though, I didn't visit there very often and when I did I rarely purchased anything. But it was always cool to see what they had.

This makes me think maybe I should visit Victory Camera in Lafayette and see how they're doing these days. They are a lot closer to me than Camera Trader was anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Weird. Just checked their site, and it still says that the store is open 9-5 and gives their address. Guess one less source for me to visit next time I wind up in Colorado.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Weird. Just checked their site, and it still says that the store is open 9-5 and gives their address. Guess one less source for me to visit next time I wind up in Colorado.

-J
    See what I mean about the uselessness of their website? I just can't believe they are web-savvy enough to pull off a web-based business.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've never been. Shame.
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"The world is cold and times are bad
    ...War and drugs are everywhere
    And it’s getting so hard to breathe the air
    But it doesn’t have to be like this
    All the rancor and bitterness
    If we can just open our eyes
    We can make the world a paradise someday" Ce Ce Rogers

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    Aw no, really? What a bummer! I used to just love rummaging through all their cluttered stuff - it was like treasure hunting! To be honest though, I didn't visit there very often and when I did I rarely purchased anything. But it was always cool to see what they had.

This makes me think maybe I should visit Victory Camera in Lafayette and see how they're doing these days. They are a lot closer to me than Camera Trader was anyway.
    Yes, Victory seems to really have their act together. Their booth at the swap meet just keeps getting bigger. But here I am all the way down in Castle Rock...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RIP
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's always sad to see a camera shop close.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I would stop in every few weeks after my class at ACC. The owners were always friendly and were happy to let me paw through the various items in boxes and on shelves. Unfortunately, I never bought much, but when I did, things were at a bargain price.

Camera Trader still is selling on *bay under cameratrader. They have over 100 items for sale.

For Denver Metro area, we still have Englewood Camera and Victory Camera left for used equipment. Let's continue support them.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dtheld View Post
    I would stop in every few weeks after my class at ACC. The owners were always friendly and were happy to let me paw through the various items in boxes and on shelves. Unfortunately, I never bought much, but when I did, things were at a bargain price.

Camera Trader still is selling on *bay under cameratrader. They have over 100 items for sale.

For Denver Metro area, we still have Englewood Camera and Victory Camera left for used equipment. Let's continue support them.

Dave
    I search for items from that seller name and get nothing. Any ideas how I should search?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin