Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,226   Online: 894

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Denver area Meetup Was "Shaking the Trees"

I decided to start a new thread from the Shaking the Trees Thread.

I talked to Tim This afternoon. He has generously volunteered his "shooting space" for us to meet up. Apparently it has West window light and he has a full compliment of strobe lighting. So here are the details:

Where: Tim's place (exact address will be forth coming. It's some where by the western stock show complex)

When:
    Saturday March 7th, 10:00 a.m. (Don't know when we will end. I guess as long as Tim can hang out)

What:
    • Denver area (as far as Nebraska and Wyoming too) film photographers
    • Meet, greet and eat.
    • Shoot and Share.
    So this is what I think may happen. Tim has a fridge and microwave at his space. I will bring some pastries and a box/carafe of coffee, feel free to bring some other munchies/beverages to share if you want. Bring some prints if you want to share them with the others. I will, so don't make me be the only one to hang it all out there. Shooting will go something like this. If you want to shoot portraiture Tim and I will reach out to a couple of models we know. No guarantees that they will show up so don't be upset if you came to shoot portraits and we couldn't talk a model into coming. If you know a model that needs some portfolio images or is willing to model for donuts and coffee then please invite them to come along. Make sure to let them know that they may be asked by other shooters to pose. Sharing models is encouraged. Tim says that there is space to shoot in studio but also some cool industrial areas around his building. So plan accordingly if you want to shoot a model outside you can, or if you just want to shoot some old industrial stuff, then their is that too. I know 10:00 a.m. sort of sucks for lighting but hey that's what we got.

Tim and I thought maybe we needed to rename or make a new post that is clearer to Denver area shooters. What do you all think? New post or just keep it under this one. If you know any others that want to join us please forward the info, let's try to make this a fun time for everyone, no stress, no worries just some good time to meet shoot and hang out.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. If you have suggestions please post them so we can all hear what great ideas you have. We need them for sure.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll be there. Don't be surprised if I want to shoot the shooters.

- CJ

Edited to add:

For anyone wanting to carry a get-together into the later hours, my band is playing not terribly far from Tim's studio at 8pm that night. It's at one of the great Denver dive bars, and is a people watcher's dream.

CJ
    Last edited by Cheryl Jacobs; 02-18-2009 at 06:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Derek,
    thanks for the update.
    I have been trying to get a RangefinderForum group together also and to join us, I know member Meeker will probably join us and hopefully others too.
    What can I bring?
    looking forward to meeting some new people!

Doug
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got directions and an address from Tim for everyone interested in going on the 7th.

DIRECTIONS TO THE STUDIO:

(4701 National Western Drive)

Exit onto I70 East from of I25

Exit Washington St (first exist East of I25)

Turn Left (North) on Washington

Turn Right on 47th (between a 7-11 and Pizza Hut)

The road does an "S" and turns into 46th

Pass over a bridge and make your first Left before going under the train tracks.

The studio is the first brick building on your Left. It says "Blue Silo" above the door.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So let's try to get a head count for this Saturday just so that I know how many donuts and coffee to bring and to let Tim know about how many people he needs to be ready for. So just send me a PM if you think you will be there. If you end up not making it, no big deal, I'm just want an estimate. If you have already PM'd me then your counted and if you have responded to this post your counted also. If you don't PM me and show up that's cool too we just want to get an idea.

D.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    bumpety. I'll be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So how did it go? I was planning on going but life and a messed up shoulder made me decide to stay home this time. Lousy night, no sleep, too many pain killers....
    How many showed up? How bout some pictures!
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Ed,
    Sorry you could not make it. We had some good discussion and viewed some great prints. over all it was really nice to meet some very impressive local photographers!
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the reply Douglas. Did you guys do any shooting, go anywhere or hang at the studio?
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ed, No shooting (this time) just a lot of fun discussion and hung out in Tim's studio. Hoping still to get together again and maybe do some city, night, nature or what ever shooting with some of these good folks.
    Hopefully you too!
    Douglas Westphal

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin