Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,713   Online: 804

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    It brings me an immense amount of joy to share the name of the hike!

Thanks to toro_mike (and his hiking friends?) we have confirmed it is the Continental Falls and Mohwak Lakes, near Breckenridge.

He found an online gallery of the hike here:
    http://www.lightrainproductions.com/...eryFifteen.htm

Which also happened to have the exact same mining tower (it is quite distinct)

Here it is from my hike pictures:

-Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Happy to have helped Markster... Be sure to post pictures when you go there for us!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I hiked all over Israel with a Mamiya 645Pro and a Nikon F4s. What great memories!

In New Mexico I went all over the place with two dogs, an awesome time also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG025CoyoteRD.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, I did enough hiking in eight years in the military with a 56lb pack and a rifle to last a lifetime.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    No, I did enough hiking in eight years in the military with a 56lb pack and a rifle to last a lifetime.
    Yup, that would do it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Well there's a difference between "hiking" and "marching" IMO

There's duty, then there's liesure. When you set your own pace, load your own gear (go as light as you want!) you get a much more relaxing thing.

I know when I have to get somewhere fast on foot I'm concentrating on directions, location, path, etc.

When I'm hiking with friends/family I enjoy the place. I stop and take pictures of interesting views, etc.

I can see how one might sour you on the other, but hope you haven't lost all love for it.

Toro_mike, one of my sisters mentioned interest in going back to that hike, but I'm thinking we'll wait til later in the year. Definitely not for the winter season. Heck, felt like a hike getting to my driveway this morning. Started sliding down the driveway into the street in my boots. Felt like Minnesota again </oldmemories>
    Last edited by Markster; 01-31-2011 at 01:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    35mm
    these are great man! Love looking @ albums of peoples adventures & travels, cheers for sharing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Markster! Another fellow former Minnesotan!
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markster View Post
    Toro_mike, one of my sisters mentioned interest in going back to that hike, but I'm thinking we'll wait til later in the year. Definitely not for the winter season. Heck, felt like a hike getting to my driveway this morning. Started sliding down the driveway into the street in my boots. Felt like Minnesota again </oldmemories>
    Yup, I had to drive to Beaver Creek this morning for a conference I'm working. It was not fun until after about Floyd Hill, then it was sunny to Vail Pass. We are warmer here (not my much) and we're at 8100'... Really amazing weather!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwestphal View Post
    Hey Markster! Another fellow former Minnesotan!
    And former Alaskan, and former Arizonan.

I was just up in WI during that storm that collapsed the dome. I got lucky, was literally in the eye of the storm, circled all around me, didn't really slam me where I was (visiting extended family).

toro_mike, when's the rainy season up there? Is that like September? Or more like November? The pics I took were kind of in the rainy season with lots of fog.
    -Markster

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin