Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,403   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I climb with my gear and I find holster cases on webbing belts to be invaluable. I use Lowepro TLZ cases with my Nikon F3/5/6's and some newswear pouches to hold film. All on a 1" webbing belt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markster View Post
    Well I exercise the 5th on that one!! It was a birthday gift and I sorely needed one...

See the attached images (these I took of my own bag rather than quick google search)
    Ahhh ... much better. Now I can call of the lynching party.

Anyone need a long coarse tie?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGannon View Post
    I climb with my gear and I find holster cases on webbing belts to be invaluable. I use Lowepro TLZ cases with my Nikon F3/5/6's and some newswear pouches to hold film. All on a 1" webbing belt.
    You mean like this? (Another google result):

P.S. Sirius that would be nice if you could call them off
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yep except I would have mine lower, more like just above my waist if Im having it to the front, or even on my waist depending on the climb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markster View Post
    P.S. Sirius that would be nice if you could call them off

DONE!!

Shooter
    35mm
    A-basin showboarding trip was today. I carried a vest under my jacket and packed the AE-1P and a 50mm and a 28mm. Finished off a roll of film there.

Wasn't too bad, but bending over to undo/redo bindings all morning was rather uncomfortable with the eqiupment over my stomach area.

So the end answer was I didn't land on it and didn't break anything
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just got a wrist strap for my Tessina L, a single frame 35mm camera. This my be a camera that can go skiing. The last camera that I used which was good for skiing was a Fisher-Price 110 camera.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've found when skiing that less is more, but then again, i'm there to be on the snow, not to photograph it. I used a minolta hi-matic 7s, which turned out some awesome pictures, but was a bit bulky in my jacket pocket. (which is why i'm selling it)

If you want to take pictures while actively sliding down the hill, get used to shooting from the hip, and forget about dealing with a bag. If you want a bag full of stuff, probably something like a sling bag would work well. You could swing it in front if you're afraid of falling on it, and swing it in back to be able to get around easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin