Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 838

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ansel Adams in Ft. Collins

Its a bit far north for many of you but I thought I'd post about a show of his work up here. The Fort Collins Museum of Art is showing Ansel's Museum Set. Sorry, but its only running through March 15th...I was a bit slow in thinking about posting this.
    My wife and I went by a couple days ago and enjoyed it (I did at least, she's not really into this kind of thing).
    So anyhow, if ya care check it out here for hours and such;

http://www.ftcma.org/
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the heads-up, Ed.

Generally I find I need a month or more to get myself to an event like that. Heck I had 6 months for King Tut and never got around to seeing it (although the price was a bit of an issue lol!). However, it never hurts to get the word out, so let us know if you get any more showings in the future.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
    Its a bit far north for many of you but I thought I'd post about a show of his work up here. The Fort Collins Museum of Art is showing Ansel's Museum Set. Sorry, but its only running through March 15th...I was a bit slow in thinking about posting this.
    My wife and I went by a couple days ago and enjoyed it (I did at least, she's not really into this kind of thing).
    So anyhow, if ya care check it out here for hours and such;

http://www.ftcma.org/
    Hi,

If this is the set that is owned by Ansel's daughter, it is well worth going to see. I saw the show in Monterey and enjoyed it so much I saw it three more times before it ended. Monterey is 100 miles from my home and it was still worth it. The only print 'I didn't care for was "The Golden Gate Before The Bridge". I like this picture, but i felt that the print in this show was printed too dark and flat. Everything else was just fine.
    When the chips are down,

The buffalo is empty!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hi,

If this is the set that is owned by Ansel's daughter, it is well worth going to see. I saw the show in Monterey and enjoyed it so much I saw it three more times before it ended. Monterey is 100 miles from my home and it was still worth it. The only print 'I didn't care for was "The Golden Gate Before The Bridge". I like this picture, but i felt that the print in this show was printed too dark and flat. Everything else was just fine.
    I didn't see anything about the sets ownership but it is a set that Ansel apparently chose himself as the pictures he wanted to be shown. One of the things I liked was seeing what he liked, and also that they are shown in chronological order so you can see how his worked progressed over the years. A very good show, if I get a chance I'd like to see it again before it moves on. Work however is currently conspiring against that happening...
    Oh yeah, they are also showing a movie about Ansels life, I think its about 110 minutes. I saw a bit and it looked like the Ric Burns film which was very good. The film runs constantly all day.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ed for pointing this out (and with nary a moment to spare!). Took the family up today and it was well worth the trip. Excellent show with excellent prints. There is something amazing about seeing them in person that photos in books just don't convey.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Two friends and I went to Ft. Collins today. Adams images were wonderful,of course, but they suffered considerably from the extremely poor lighting in the museum.
    Keith Pitman
    Photographer
    www.keithpitman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love to go! Give just about anything to see it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    Two friends and I went to Ft. Collins today. Adams images were wonderful,of course, but they suffered considerably from the extremely poor lighting in the museum.
    No question about it, the lighting was challenging. When I asked, they said it was to protect the photos. There was even a sign that said the same.

Still a great exhibit and well worth the trip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I saw an a group of his work titled "Fiat Lux" in Indianapolis years ago. Wonderful stuff to absorb and view. What struck me most was a giant print where I could see that even Ansel had dealt with dust on his negative (at exposure). There was a patch in the sky that was evident to me at least of both negative and print retouching. The one area photoshop has analoge beat now and then.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin