Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,917   Posts: 1,584,726   Online: 749

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good time with friends indeed. Thanks guys, I always enjoy your company! I developed one of the rolls last night and will get them scanned soon. The other roll, well it has 9 more shots I need to take

Doug, have you figured out what is wrong with your brick, er, I mean RZ??

Mike
    Last edited by toro_mike; 03-28-2011 at 11:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Clarification

Shooter
    35mm
    I must apologize thoroughly and basically withdraw from attempting to meet up in the future. I received such a torrent of verbal abuse at the very idea I attend from a family member that.. well.. let's just say this person still has just enough pull in my life to make it hell (and does so at every turn). Due to financial shortcomings and bad economy and student loans I am not entirely autonomous with my social life or comings/goings. Yes I'm an adult and have a job and drive a car and pay my bills all that adult stuff, but the verbal abuse was too much for me and I caved.

I'd rather not go too far into it. It angered me to have suggested it and looked forward to it, then not to be able to make the meeting.

Sincerest apologies. From now on I guess I'm just a virtual being.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem Markster, sometimes stuff just happens. Maybe sometime at a future date.

@Mike, no not yet, I have the cinder block (RZ) on the kitchen table right now and decided to see how long it takes the wife to yell at me to "REMOVE IT NOW OR I WILL!!"
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to hear it Markster. Hopefully things will improve for you in a short time! I've been there, done that, and eventually escaped. Good luck, my friend, and feel free to chime in on these threads whenever you can.

@Doug, fun stuff! Good luck and let us know when you figure it out.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My turn to explain why I wasn't there! I was planning on it, and no, work didn't call at the last minute and send me to North Dakota or some other boring, god forsaken, un-photogenic place with shitty weather. No, my wife did it. She was ok with my going and meant it but I hadn't seen her in a while (see above reference to North Dakota) and well at the last minute I just decided to spend the day with her instead. You guys are cool to hang with and I really enjoyed it last time and am looking forward to doing it again but...well shes prettier and sexier and more fun to look at than all of ya put together so ya'll lost! We ended up hanging out, doing some shopping, and some yard work (which somehow I actually enjoyed ) and then went out for a nice dinner (she loves BBQ! ) It was a nice day and a nicer evening so all's good.

I was though planning on wowing you guys with my extensive collection of fine photographic hardware by showing up with my grandfathers old Kodak Brownie Target Six-20 loaded with Adox. Its a fun little shooter to play with, takes away all the stress and transports one back to a simpler time when all you knew was that the sun was out or it wasn't. Just aim in the general direction of your subject and hope for the best. Somehow it always seems to work too. Flippin magic is what it is... Ya see Doug, you quite playing with that high tech RZ stuff you wouldn't have all these problems! (I do hope its nothing major)

So hopefully next time! Speaking of which, how bout a trip up to Rocky Mountain Nat. Park for a real day of it? Any of you in for it?
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

RE: Another Denver Area Meet-up...

No worries Ed. Family, especially wives, always take precedence! Glad to hear you had a good day. RMNP sounds like a great idea. Let's open a new thread for the April outting and start the planning process.

I have developed and scanned the first roll from the March outting. All were shot with my super-portable Pentax ME Super with a Takumar 25mm on 400TX and were developed with HC110, dilution B for 7 minutes.

Highlights to follow:

The rest are HERE on my Flickr site.

Now, I just need to get the remaining 9 shots taken on the second roll and I will get them scanned as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    AWE! SOB! Fixed my camera guys. I would prefer not to say what was wrong (battery) as I would not (battery) appreciate all the ( BATTERY you DUMB ASS!) possible ridicule (Go ahead, let me have it now) that might come (cuz I deserve it!) my way, so thanks!
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, and to Ed's Idea I love it! But April will be a tough month for me, only the 23/24 of 30th/1st weekends will work for me so let everyone else chime in and lets see what the general thoughts might be?
    Douglas Westphal

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    No worries Ed. Family, especially wives, always take precedence! Glad to hear you had a good day. RMNP sounds like a great idea. Let's open a new thread for the April outting and start the planning process.

I have developed and scanned the first roll from the March outting. All were shot with my super-portable Pentax ME Super with a Takumar 25mm on 400TX and were developed with HC110, dilution B for 7 minutes.

Highlights to follow:

The rest are HERE on my Flickr site.

Now, I just need to get the remaining 9 shots taken on the second roll and I will get them scanned as well
    Mike, these are both phenomenal. Tri-X? The tones look wide and great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I enjoyed the shoot. Ed, I'll try to be more alluring in the future.

Anyway, here are a few of mine. Almost afraid to post after Mike's great shots. Apropos of our "purist film shooter" (of which I am not) conversation on Saturday, these have been digitally folded, spindled and mutilated. All on Ektar, with my trusty M2 and Zeiss 25mm. Lab dev/scan. My meter was acting oddly, so I just shot sunny-16.

(note, I didn't really fuss too much with the shots I left in color.)

The rest are in my flickr photo set.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin