Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 761

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another Denver Area Meet-up...

Hey all,
    We should try to get together again for another APUG shoot. I'm looking at the weekend of March 26/27 or April 2/3.

How about changing things up a bit and hitting one of the local parks (City Park maybe?) or downtown Denver. Thoughts?

Shooter
    35mm
    There's an idea. The Civic Center Park by the capital building has some interesting things within a couple blocks' walk. I used some of them for my Ektar and Reala test rolls a couple months back. Fountains, gold domes, court buildings, some interesting architecture, some greenery.

Might be good.

I'd much rather a Sunday, but I can probably make Saturday before evening time. I have a prior appointment Saturday evening that requires advance preparation, so as long as we're done by.. say.... 5pm (?) it's in my range.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That sounds like an excellent idea! Anybody up for it?? Sundays are fine with me too. How about a tentative 3/27?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm good for a tentative 3/27. Actually just heard 5 minutes ago I've been roped into something earlier on Saturday (trip to the dump) so there goes that day. What time of day do you look for? Light and shadow can look rather blah around high noon in that area. Might suggest 9-10 am or 2-3 pm to avoid high noon, other than that it would be my first "meet-up" so I'll defer to other suggestions.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either time is good for me. Hopefully somebody else will chime in with opinion!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sunday sounds good to me, whatever time you guys like.

Usual disclaimers about me not having a clue as to my schedule and whether or not I'll be in town apply...
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so Sunday 3/27 at 9AM at Civic Center Park. We can meet on the main walk on the east side (Broadway), center of the park. Okay?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK but what/where is Civic Center park? Is that the one to the west of the capital building where all the homeless hang out?
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
    OK but what/where is Civic Center park? Is that the one to the west of the capital building where all the homeless hang out?
    Yep

I'll be there as long as we're not in Buena Vista.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Markster!? We missed you today??!! Had a good time as usual with new friends, oh, and good thing for back up equipment!
    Douglas Westphal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin