Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,249   Online: 1094

Shooter
    Multi Format

Denver RMNP meetup

OK, I mentioned it before and here's the official thread!

How bout it, wanna go shoot in Rocky Mountain Nat. Park? Sometime in April was mentioned which is fine but we may want to wait too. Trail Ridge Road probably wont be open till late May. If we go before that we will be limited to the east side of the park. Most of the better shooting locals are on the east side but if we wait we have a better chance of finding big horn sheep, as they hang out at the high elevations on warm days. Before the road opens though the crowds are generally smaller plus its nice if there is still snow on the mountains. I could go either way, I love the place year round and its not far from my home so I get there a lot. I'll leave it up to all those that want to make the trip. Lets start a discussion and see where it goes!
    To start, I suggest an early start to get good light. Afternoons the east facing mountains are in shadow pretty early. We can meet at my place if you want, and if we all fit in one car then everyone gets in free, I have a pass. Otherwise anyone who fits in a car with me gets in free
    So what do you all think?
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for starting the thread Ed. I was just about to do it

I'm definitely game for this trip. I think early season is best, mainly to avoid the crowds and such. Let's see what the others think, but this could be our May get-together. Thoughts?
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would certainly be interested in this. But as more of a street/architecture shooter, hiking and photography don't mix well in my mind.

I'll go with a fistful of Tri-X and my Klasse, unless someone can convince me to bring my veiw camera!
    - Tristan!

Shooter
    35mm
    If the shutdown happens the RMNP may be unavailable. Just a thought to consider. Deadline is tonight for them to decide/agree upon the budget.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Indeed Markster. I think in the timeframe we would be looking at (Late April, early May), things SHOULD be back up and running.
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been up there late April and early to mid May and the trails are still pretty snow packed. How far do you guys think of heading into the park? I would love to go but I am not a snow shoe'er. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not thinking of any long hikes, maybe some short walks is all and driving to different areas.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin