Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,291   Online: 917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to go for processing in Denver area?

Where do you go for processing in the Denver area, especially south metro?

I've been going to Mike's at Park Meadows for my color processing, but they don't seem too inspired lately. It might just be that the new counter employees don't quite have it together yet.

I normally do my own BW, but Englewood Camera gave me a coupon for buying my C33 so I took the first roll of Delta to them. First they gave me somebody else's prints and then they put it in upside down so the pics were reversed.

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't have too much respect for Mike's Cameras or Wolf Cameras these days. Very little actual film left in any of those shops, from my experiences.

I don't know of any South Metro places, but I do feel your pain. I went through similar problems of my own, looking for a good processor. I don't do my own developing or printing. I don't want to at this point of my life, either. I ended up settling on a place up North more by where I live.

I would suggest doing a google search for all the camera/photo places in the Denver area and looking up the ones closest to you. Give them a walk through, maybe chat up with the counter person to see how they process things, how often, etc.

Don't forget print studios. The place I go to now actually does a lot of photo printing and framing, etc. They just happen to be a full processing place as well (no doubt to develop any shots they take in their portrait studio).

That method (search, then check them out) worked for me. Might help you too.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    dr5 is in Denver
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    exactly, you can even pick your developer with those guys.
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all. I might have to try Dr5 for my E6, but their site says they don't do C41.

Denver ProPhoto seems to have everything else, do they offer E6 and C41 processing? I don't know that I want to trust my Ektar to target or Walgreens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, Denver Pro does do E6 and C41. Services and prices HERE.

I've had a lot of C41 and E6 done there and am quite happy with the results.

[DELETED]
    EDIT: I see you had problems with Englewood Camera. Should read the entire post!! I have had nothing but good experiences with them, so mileage apparently varies!
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've had some color rolls processed at the Park Meadows Mike's. I agree, terrible store. It'd be unbearable if I did more color.

Last time I went was to pick up a few rolls of HP5 at the counter and some CR2 batteries. It took a few minutes of trying to direct the girl to the correct film. Frustrated, I had to describe it to her as "the white and green box that says H-P-FIVE" just as I was about to physically go back there and grab it myself. I mean, it's RIGHT THERE, geez.

These people are incredibly untrained in film, and are ready to disregard you if you aren't there for digital.

But they're the closest to where I work, and they sell paper.

Can someone tell me more about DR5?
    Last edited by tristan!; 04-21-2011 at 04:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - Tristan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Toro_mike - It may just be unfortunate that Englewood messed up the first time I used them. They were pretty horrified and apologetic. It's a great place for film people, one I would like to support.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Toro_mike - It may just be unfortunate that Englewood messed up the first time I used them. They were pretty horrified and apologetic. It's a great place for film people, one I would like to support.
    Yeah, that's a shame for a first impression. I pretty evenly split my business between Englewood Camera and Denver Pro.
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did go back yesterday and dropped off a roll of Ektar 120. I hadn't thought of this before, but while Mike's is much closer to work, Englewood saves 2 days because they do it right there. They also have a much more pro-film atitude about the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin