Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,213   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    parkpy - a severe case of GAS, if ever there was.

I got

1) A way cool series filter adapter and 3 size 6 filters for my Zeiss. Now I need to find a translation from wratten system to modern filter numbers.
    2) UV and Skylight filters in both 46mm and 48mm for the Mamiya (was hoping to find some yellow, orange or red, too).
    3) Fuji Finepix point and shoot with 35-140mm zoom for my wife who is coming back from digital.

A seller, Dan (don't know his last name) whom I have run into several times and is the president of the Colorado stereo camera group, showed me how series adapters work. Another guy let me handle his baby Graflex and showed how all the different components work. For the first time I got a really good look at a complete Toyo. Made mostly of plastic, it was amazingly light. There were several cameras I might have purchased if I hadn't already committed to the Mamiya tlr system this spring.
    hopefully we can meet at the next one!

There might not have been too many deals on cameras, but other stuff like darkroom stuff was a good deal to me. Now just need a enlarger timer, three trays and tongs...and a second bathroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, the camera deals were lacking. But then again, I had unrealistic expectations. I was hoping some eccentric millionaire would let me trade my monorail for a Wista folder.

But I did find a bunch of random odds and ends, and satisfying my weird fixation on those old metal film containers.

I was able to show off my cameras too! It's good to see people drool over my knocked-around, carry-everywhere Ricoh GR1v....
    - Tristan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having been in acquisition mode, watching craigslist and ebay for about the past 18-24 months I've definitely seen prices climb recently. The dirt cheap deals seem to have been at their best around winter/spring of 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin