Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,009   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Last Sunday's camera show

Who went to the Denver Photographic Society camera show last Sunday?

it looked like a really good turnout, more exhibitors and lots more attendees than last spring. I brought my Mamiya, looking for filters and had several people ask if it was for sale. After a guy explained the mystery of series filters I was able to find an adaptor and several filters for my Zeiss Ikonta, too.

There were even some young people buying 4x5 film holders, old range finders and folders. That was good to see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At PHSNE this past weekend, they gave free admision to students, and there seemed to be many more younger folks than usual. It the table I where I assisted, we sold a gorgous Speed Graphic to a college student. There is hope yet!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was there! I had a BLAST. I was hopelessly overwhelmed, and had to talk myself out of buying a Speed Graphic and/or Toyo folder.

I met some really awesome people and got to show off some of my goods.

If I met you there, it was nice meeting you.

EDIT:
    You guys seem really impressed that young bucks like me picked up LF! Glad you guys are so inviting.

Unfortunately, I could not find a folder/field camera that I liked enough. I guess I'm stuck with my larger-than-life monorail...
    Last edited by tristan!; 05-03-2011 at 02:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - Tristan!

Shooter
    35mm
    Gah! Wish I'd known... Well, not that I could afford tickets to such a thing, but do we have a newsletter or something I can sign up for? :P
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, I missed it too. Ah well. I agree about the newsletter... We should post in the Denver forum when things like this come up. That way those of us braindead folks will remember.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, admission is only $5. The show is usually twice a year.

I should have posted it, but I forgot it was happening until I got an email from them on Friday. Here's the swap meet page from the website. Maybe you can sign up for their email list somewhere in here. I know you can sign up at the show.

http://www.denverphotosociety.org/SwapMeet.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been to it several times and enjoy it. Folks are very friendly and all too happy to talk about their cameras. I've learned a lot, and shared a lot there. Shame I keep forgetting about it. I'll shoot for the October one (it's near my birthday anyway!). Now, where's that calendar thingy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many of these shows I have love to gone but due to time and money would have gone!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I was there...it was a much bigger turn out than last time. I had a blast! I should have brought a bigger car...

I purchased:

1) Beseler 23 II XL Enlarger with 50mm and 75mm Voss lenses, bought from a gentlemen named jerry. Super friendly guy!
    2) Darkroom Timer
    3) Enlarger Easel (I know where the seller lives, but forgot the name! Think it was John. Also a super awesome guy!)
    4) Olympus XA2 (eh...kinda wish I hadn't. Paid $40...i had camera lust...it got the best of my usually frugal ways).
    5) Minolta XE (eh...kinda wish I hadn't...it's lightmeter is completely miscalibrated and will require an extensive repair)
    6) Minolta 50mm F/1.7

went back and forth between deciding to buy a good condition Leica M6...but decided against continuing to buy 35mm stuff. I already have a Nikon FM2n and Canon A-1. I also have a yashicamat LM. i think I need to reduce the size of my 35mm collection...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    parkpy - a severe case of GAS, if ever there was.

I got

1) A way cool series filter adapter and 3 size 6 filters for my Zeiss. Now I need to find a translation from wratten system to modern filter numbers.
    2) UV and Skylight filters in both 46mm and 48mm for the Mamiya (was hoping to find some yellow, orange or red, too).
    3) Fuji Finepix point and shoot with 35-140mm zoom for my wife who is coming back from digital.

A seller, Dan (don't know his last name) whom I have run into several times and is the president of the Colorado stereo camera group, showed me how series adapters work. Another guy let me handle his baby Graflex and showed how all the different components work. For the first time I got a really good look at a complete Toyo. Made mostly of plastic, it was amazingly light. There were several cameras I might have purchased if I hadn't already committed to the Mamiya tlr system this spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin