Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,179   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never heard of the 302 Hi-Po either... Interesting. What year was it from? I would suspect you had your fun with it before it went. That's what counts (at least that's what I tell myself about my past cars)!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Porsche puts out only 180HP (probably at sea-level, and only when it was new). But it's super-light, and actually goes pretty fast .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mathomas View Post
    My Porsche puts out only 180HP (probably at sea-level, and only when it was new). But it's super-light, and actually goes pretty fast .
    It probably corners a lot better too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    It probably corners a lot better too
    Yeah, that's definitely it's specialty. Certainly not a drag racer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The show was a good time. Thanks to Mike for bringing his 911 and Hassy! I'll get my film developed tonight or so and post when they dry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    Well, you'd be correct if you didn't count the 1934 Cord. It was the last until the 1966 Toro came out (with the exception of some very small cars and race cars), though no production front wheel drive was ever as powerful as the 66 Toro - 385HP. The '66 had styling cues from the Cord to pay homage...

Mine being a 1968 came with 375HP and 500ft/lbs of torque
    The front drive L-29 Cord ...started production in 1929!!!!... the 810/812 Beverly and sportsman were late 36, 37 and some considered 38 models.

Miller another American manufacturer had a front wheel drive chassis that competed in the Indy 500 in 1925.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    The front drive L-29 Cord ...started production in 1929!!!!... the 810/812 Beverly and sportsman were late 36, 37 and some considered 38 models.

Miller another American manufacturer had a front wheel drive chassis that competed in the Indy 500 in 1925.
    1937 seems to be the generally accepted date, but I will have to look into 1938 reference. The point I was getting at was the major hiatus between the last of the Cords and the 1966 Toronado, both front wheel drive production cars. The Toronado DID bring back front wheel drive to the masses after a fairly long hiatus!!

Love the input guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin