Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,161   Online: 896

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

"Low Tech/High Art" An Exhibition of Toy Camera Artists - Manitou Springs

"Low Tech/High Art"
    An Exhibition of Toy Camera Artists

Hey all... This exibit is one I definitely plan on getting out to see. Let's show some support for our fellow analog folk out there! It runs from today to December 31st, 2011. The iwas advertised in the Denver Post too.

Their website is http://thebac.org/

Here's the description from the website:

Come view the compelling images made by artists who have chosen Toy Cameras to create their work. The artists are a diverse group from across the country united in their passion for producing images using cheaply made cameras with substandard plastic lenses. There will be a display of Toy Cameras on view. In conjunction with the Low Tech/High Art Exhibition; images from the University of Colorado –
    Colorado Springs Plastic Camera class past and present will be on view in Venue 515.

Featured Artists: Michelle Bates, Mary Berger, Meg Birnbaum, John Bridges, Matthew Chmielarczyk, Carol Dass, Stephanie Early, Robert Holmgren, Kay Williams Johnson, Mary Ann Lynch, Anne Arden McDonald, C. Gary Moyer, Heather Oelklaus, Jeffrey, K. Oelklaus, Victoria Rust, Jennifer Shaw, Mark Sink, Gordon Stettinius, Alexis Treulieb, Bill Vaccaro

Curated by Carol Dass

In this digitally dominated age it’s refreshing to see images produced with film and actual analog cameras. With that said, I invite you to view Low Tech/High Art, work by artists who have chosen to use toy cameras to create their compelling images. The photographers are a diverse group from across the country united in their passion for producing images using cheaply made cameras with substandard lenses
    for everything from commercial work to fine art.

A display of Toy Cameras will be featured in the gallery.

The work will be on display through December 31st.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ended up going today, little did I know there was a major event in Manitou Springs today (coffin racing). Luckily the gallery had its own private parking, so we got in fairly easily.

It was worth the trip. Many of the prints were silver gelatin and there were some split toned prints and salt prints. The vast majority were taken with Holgas and Dianas and were very well done. The people there were super nice and good to talk to. So, you all should get down if you can and support our analog community

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on this one Mike. I think I will try to make a trip down too. It sounds like a nice excuse to get out a bit.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this one Mike. I think I will try to make a trip down too. It sounds like a nice excuse to get out a bit.

D.
    No problem. It is certainly well worth the jaunt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin