Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,668   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Multi Format

Aurora Analog Group Meeting

Our November 9, 2011 meeting will be at 7:00 p.m. The location will be:

Aurora Fire Station #3, Community Room
    3172 Peoria St (just south of I-70 on Peoria)
    Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.

We will be having an indoor shoot at this meeting. We will be doing what we call ” coffee can photography”. This is still life where light of different colors shines through a coffee can, a cut glass plate is put over the top of the can and you shoot the plate with the different colors as the background. For this you will need a camera, tripod, and color film using a macro lens or a close-up lens since you may be within 6 inches of the plate. If you have a cut glass plate that will fit on the top of a 2-3 lb coffee can you can bring it also.The light source is a small (no larger than 8x10) slide viewer. If you have one please bring it so we can have several setups going at the same time.

We will also do ” cross polarized light”. In addition to the above equipment you will need a polarizing filter. Bring small objects made of clear, hard plastic for use as subjects, ( i.e plastic silverware, Plates filters covers, etc.).

There will be a short slide show with some of this type of photography at the start of the meeting so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Hope to see you there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meeting : December 14, 2011
    7-9pm

Entrance door is on the north side, as is the parking lot.

The December meeting will be “Show Time”
    for images taken at the “Creative Photography”
    Session in November. If you have other images of creative photography bring them also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Meeting:January 8, 2012
    7-9pm

The January meeting will be “Vacation Time” Bring prints or slides of your vacation(s) this past year
    OR of your favorite spot/sitBring your ideas for a subject for the February meeting as well as future meetings. We need your suggestions.
    We need to start looking for another FREE meeting place. The City of Aurora is now charging $15 a night for all meeting places. Bring your suggestions to the Jan. meeting or post your suggestions here. We have Fire Station #3 for Jan and Feb. as I booked them in 2011. Without a new place to meet we will probably have to disband.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would check with the guys at Denver Pro photo. On one of the apug meet ups we met there and one of the guys said to contact them if there was a need for a meeting place or something. It's worth a try. I would be able to make a meeting if it were more centrally located. Just a suggestion.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When are you looking to do one in Feb? Once I get back from Africa I'll be in town for a week at the end of the month. I'd love to swing by for a meeting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The second Wednesday which is February 8th. See post below about the program.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Because of todays storm and the resulting road conditions we are cancelling the January meeting. We will meet again in February on the 8th at 7:00 pm. The program will be the same as originally scheduled for January. “Vacation Time” Bring prints or slides of your vacation(s) this past year
    OR of your favorite spot. We will also discuss any ideas for a new meeting location.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin