Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,928   Online: 984

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rosenstock's landscapes

Another Boston Globe review, another show, this one in Worcester, Ron Rosenstock's beautiful landscapes, written by Mark Feeney. Worth a road trip, I'd say on the strength of the review. http://b.globe.com/wsffNv

-bill h
    Last edited by bill h; 01-24-2012 at 12:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Silly, really off-topic question, but in the pic that leads the article, does it look like he used a green filter? All the vegetation is really bright. I've only recently started using filters and don't yet have a handle on what will happen, except to know that one needs to be very careful with red, especially when one forgets he is shooting color film. That, and last night when packing my gear for a trip, a so-far-unused green filter did go into the travel bag.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A brief visit to the Schneider website will give you a very concise overview of filters for B&W film.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That image looks like it was shot on infrared film.

Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Silly, really off-topic question, but in the pic that leads the article, does it look like he used a green filter? All the vegetation is really bright. I've only recently started using filters and don't yet have a handle on what will happen, except to know that one needs to be very careful with red, especially when one forgets he is shooting color film. That, and last night when packing my gear for a trip, a so-far-unused green filter did go into the travel bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not a silly question. I believe a green filter could have given those results. Also, early in the year some leaves are very pale green. But a lovely effect. Show us the results after using the green filter.
    -b

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    A brief visit to the Schneider website will give you a very concise overview of filters for B&W film.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    Thanks for the link, Jeffrey. Oh, I've read plenty and have a good handle on what they are for. What I haven't done is use them and gotten to really see what they do with my equipment and the film I use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Take a frame with and without your filters that way you have it both ways.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    Take a frame with and without your filters that way you have it both ways.

Jeff
    Ya, that is how I intend to learn this. I'm planning to take 4 shots of the same scenes - no filter, yellow, red, and green.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another vote for it being IR.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin