Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,421   Online: 1047

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographica and a special auction!

Okay, folks, you're used to me hawking the twice-a-year show and sale run by PHSNE, so the first part of this is pretty straight up. If you know all about the PHSNE sales, just skip to the bold print.

This spring's show and sale will be in Wakefield, MA on April 14-15. General admission is $5, $3 for PHSNE members and students are free with ID. The details are in the attached flyer. This is as good a place as you will find in the great Northeast to get camera gear, antique images and materials, good advice and great conversation about photography. The dollar table alone is worth the visit!

And now a message from John Dockery, President of PHSNE:

"Also for APUG, PHSNE has gotten a huge camera collection. As a result, we'll be having an auction on Saturday night right after the show closes. The preview is from 4 - 5 P.M. The auction will be from 5:00 - 6:30 P.M. or so. What this guy had was all film cameras - Nikons, 35mmm range finders (the good ones -Nikons, Canons, Russian rip offs), Rollies, Canons, large format, Speeds and Crowns,and lots of medium format. This is the stuff the kids are looking for and will use. I hope that we'll have a 100 or so at this auction.

I'd like to have some real honest to goodness end users in the crowd to keep the dealers honest with their bidding.

If you have been looking to get into medium and large format on the cheap, you'll want to be here."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PHOTOGRAPHICA77.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dare I?

Shooter
    35mm
    Bill. live dangerously!
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course, Bill. You need more STUFF.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Whitey - Thanks for the notice. Does the wording mean that there will be no previewing during the regular show hours? If so, I am thinking that you will have only dealers at the preview, because they will be the only ones in the building at closing time. Without the lure of daytime previewing, I am not sure how many John Q. Publics will be incentivized to stay around for the evening auction.

Or better yet, maybe the auction could run at 2:30 PM with preview from 12 to 2:30. This would bring people into the building during regular show hours. By definition, anyone who would attend the auction is a potential customer for the table dealers, so a concurrent preview could only increase traffic and sales for the table dealers. My experience is that by 2:30 the action on the floor is pretty slow anyways, so the selling hour lost to the auction would likely be more than offset by the increased buzz from 12 to 2:30. And you would have a larger crowd at the auction for sure.

Just my ravings. Feel free to ignore or take to heart!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    As a result, we'll be having an auction on Saturday night right after the show closes. The preview is from 4 - 5 P.M. The auction will be from 5:00 - 6:30 P.M. or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good points, Jon. I'll pass your note on to John Dockery, who runs the show and is the current prez of PHSNE. I believe the idea is to allow people to pack up and get ready for the auction, but that is just a guess, I quoted him directly and have no other info. I'll post again if he responds to my email soon.
    Thanks,
    Whitey

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Can we bring stuff to leave out on the dollar table?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always room on the dollar table for more goodies, but all the dollars go to PHSNE.

Jon, the issue with timing the auction has to do with manpower and keeping the dealers happy at the show. John says he will try to work out better system by the September show. This auction looks to be pretty good, 5 4x5 graphics and lots more. I know I'm looking forward to it. Just time for a snack between closing up Dick's table and the preview. Diner will have to wait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This just in: I have some passes for APUG members who want to come to the show and sale for free. You don't even need to be a student! PM me if you plan to be there and, as long as my passes last, I'll put your name on one and leave it at the registration desk.

The list of cameras that will be auctioned on Saturday will be published soon. I'll put up a link in this thread as soon as I have it. My understanding is that there was a large collection donated for sale that will take at least three auctions to finish up- all in 8.5 to 9.5 condition!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a mostly complete list of what will be in the auction on Saturday evening. The list is also going up on the PHSNE website sometime soon. The preview will start after the show ends from 4 - 5 P.M. The auction will run from 5:00 P.M. to 6:30 or 7:00 P.M. There will be four more lots to be assigned, a total of 75, and every item will have a modest reserve price, listed on its auction tag, so you won't have that frustrating experience of waiting for lot 35 only to find it will start at a price above what you have in your pocket.

This is roughly a third of what PHSNE will be auctioning off between this show, the September show and the February members auction. If you want to keep abreast of it all, join PHSNE!

Beseler 4 x 5 military outfit
    Graflex 4 x 5 camera Kit
    Graflex 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 camera w/ 4 folders
    Stereo Realist 45 w/ case and instructons
    Kodak Retina IIIC - Big C
    No Name wooden view camera 3 x 4
    Plaubel Makina IIS
    Kodak Retina 2 A w/ closeup attachment
    Kodak Retina 111C type 21 -2 small c
    Neoca
    E H Anthony View Camera 8 x 10
    8 x 10 Mahogany - kit
    Keystone A9 16 mm camera
    Leica case
    Vivitar 285 HV flash
    Speed Graphic Kit
    Eho Box 127 film
    Mamiya 645 1000S
    Nikkor Lens Micro Nikkor 105 F 1.4 AI Manual
    Century Speed G 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 with Graphic Roll film back
    Bessa RF (1936)
    Minolta Autocord RA
    Mamiyaflex C200
    Rolleiflex F w/ prismfinder
    Galvin view camera 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 w/ 4 holders
    Kodak Stereo Viewer #1
    Revere Stereo Camera
    Voightlander Heliar 21 f 4.5 w / spare shutter
    Mec 16 SB
    Zeiss Ikon Bob 510 w/ box & instruction book
    Nikkor Q 135mm f 3.5 lens - non AI box and case
    Rolleiflex SL 35 M
    ETUI
    Robot Star
    Rollei T
    Vest Pocket Camera - blue bellows in tough shape
    Gunstock
    Nikon F3 / sport and regular finder
    Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex III
    Doppel Lens 24 cm f 4 lens
    Moscow 5
    Hit Cameras - 2 camera lot
    Petitax German Hit type camera
    Yashica Mat 124 G
    Leotax S
    Nikkor Lens 85 f 1.8 AF
    Leitz sport finder for tele 20 cm
    Small Brass Lens with waterhouse stops
    Gortz Apochromat 19 inch lens
    Calumet Caltar 210 mm F6.3 lense
    Olympus OM1 - MD
    Olympus mount- Vivitar Series 1 - 35 - 85 mm f2.8
    Olympus OM1 - MD
    Elgert 3 inch F2.9 Cinetel Lens
    Leica Summicron 50 mm f2.0
    Zeiss Ikon - Super Ikonta C 531/2
    Ambrotype - woman
    Kemper Kombi with Box ($30 -40) (1892)
    Pentax K1000
    Nikon F2 Photomic with MD2 and MB1
    Pentax K1000
    Nikon F2 Photomic with MD2 and MB1
    Honeywell Pentax SP 500
    Canon F1with Power Winder FN
    Arca Swiss 4" x 5" camera
    Robot Vollautomat Star II with film cassette
    Minox EC Kit
    Nikon FE2 Black Body / MD 12 Motor Drive
    Kodak Camp Fire Girls Brownie - no lens, scratch on cover, black bellows
    Ensignette
    Zeiss Icon Miroflex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin