Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,289   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salgado Show

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Salgado Show

Just to pass this along,

WORKERS: An Archeology of the Industrial Age Photographs by Sebastiao Salgado from January 16th to June 5th.

It is at the de Menil Gallery located on the campus of Groton School in Groton, MA. It's open to the public 11am to 6pm except Wednesdays and school holidays. www.groton.org (go to Arts). There is an opening reception on January 21st from 7-9pm.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If someone wants to go on a Saturday, let me know (send a pm). I live about 15 minutes away from the Groton School (but am not familiar with the campus, and don't know where the art gallery is). I could also show folks where the Fitchburg Art Museum is - it's a well-hidden secret.

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bill,

It'd be great to get some folks together to see it on a Saturday or Sunday get together, but I can't until some time in February. I live about three minutes from the Groton School and have no idea where the gallery is! The campus is not that big, so I'm sure it's not hard to find. I tried to go the the Fitchburg Art Museum when I had some time to kill after doing some errands in the Fitchburg, but they don't open until noon, and I was there around 11am. Big bummer, but I'll try again next month!

Take care, Suzanne

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Suzanne,

While there is lots worth seeing at the Fitchburg Art Museum, the
    current photo exhibit there ends at the end of January (see their
    website www.fitchburgartmuseum.org).

If/when you organize a trip to the Salgado show, let me know.

Cheers,
    Bill H.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Does anyone know if the show will come closer to the NYC area?
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live very close to the Groton School, and have seen the Salgado exhibit twice now. I know this is very late notice, but they are screening "Sebastiao Salgado:Looking Back at You" tonight at 7:15 pm. It's at the DeMenil Gallery on the campus of the school. I won't be able to go tonight, but I thought I would mention it. They have a couple of talks planned for April, and when I find the exact dates, I'll pass along the info. I think I will try to go to one of the talks. I'm not sure if this show is travelling anywhere, but it's up until June.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wish I could be there (wrong country).....

Loved migrations.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for bumping this. I'll go visit during lunch one day.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,

There are a couple of gallery lectures coming up associated with this show. On Friday, April 1st, Diana Gaston, curator for Fidelity Investments, will give a gallery talk, and on Thursday, April 21st, Fred Ritchin, former photo editor at the NY Times Magazine among other things will give a talk. Reservations are required for the second. I plan to attend both talks, as I'm right here in Groton, but anyone else in north central Mass or southern New Hampshire might be interested. Both events start at 7pm. More information on the Groton School website. www.groton.org.

Cheers,
    Suzanne

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since I cannot attend the show, I would like to ask of someone that is planning to attend if it is possibly to buy a poster or other printed material (if they are offered) and to send it to me.
    Of course all costs will be payed back.

Thank you
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin