Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,293   Online: 968

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Beach Party is back!

After a dry year, I'm happy to say that the
    Waterford, CT Beach Party is back!

For those who know, skip ahead, for those who don't: I try to host a gathering of APUGger's at a small cottage near the beach in Pleasure Beach, CT. That's just west of New London, in Waterford. The whole day is exceedingly low-key, everyone is invited, kids most welcome. There is a large shady lawn, where we tend to hang out, eat, drink and sometimes even do a little exposing of film. (I would like to re-instate the portrait session again this year, with my new-old 4 x 5 Darlot set-up.) Food is brought by many–no requirement, just bring what you like, if you'd like. I have a charcoal grill going most of the day and we cook lots of things at semi-regular intervals. Drink is also somewhat randomly provided. Usually there is more beer and wine than we can consume. I provide seltzer water and some of the aforementioned beverages, you bring anything special you want. The beach is 1/2 mile down the road, easily and safely walked by kids, dogs, adults, photographers, etc. We have passes for anyone who wants to hang out there. The beach itself is very kid-friendly and also a great place for adult swimming- sandy, with picturesque rocks at one end. There is a BIG sandbar that can be explored, and venues nearby for photo expeditions. To be honest, most of us sit around and talk much of the day. Parking is never an issue and the place is easily accessible from Rt 95. Train, boat and bus connections in New London, 4 miles from the cottage. Transportation to and from that can easily be arranged. I don't mind acting as a taxi driver. (hint, hint, you New Yorkers. This is even a semi-Yankee friendly area- one of the few in New England!)

June 21, 2014
    45 Goshen Rd, Waterford, CT
    All Day- come any time

Some of us start the day with breakfast at When Pigs Fly cafe, just down the road. If here is interest, contact me.

There is no rain date set, but we could try the next day, Sunday. Let's see what the weather brings come the week before. The cottage is small, and definitely NOT a good indoor party space for more than 4 people- and that would stretch it!

Photo ideas in the area: Harkness Memorial Park, The Waterford Town Beach and Eugene O'Neill theater, boats, water, Seaside Regional Center, woods, etc.

PM me if more info is needed or just to say "Hey, We're coming."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    YES!!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    penciled in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inked in. A group portrait this year? Bring our banquet cameras?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My mind and spirit is already there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds great... unfortunately, that little bit of water known as the Atlantic makes it too difficult for me - well, not too difficult, more like too expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    The beach is 1/2 mile down the road, easily and safely walked by kids, dogs, adults, photographers, etc. We have passes for anyone who wants to hang out there.
    You need a pass to go to the beach?!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    GAh!!'nnm

Why did you pick Naked hiking day???!

Of all the days you could have picked why that day!!! NOOO!!! Ugh....
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Naked Hiking day? Do tell.

YES! to banquet cameras

The beach is a private association, (groomed, watched, etc.) so a pass is necessary. Unfortunate but true in this rather overpopulated part of the world.

Glad to see enthusiasm from the regulars. Hope new-bees jump in. There is no exclusivity and no learning curve (I assume everybody knows how to eat, drink and talk...maybe take some pictures). Come on, people. It's fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darn.. I have a commitment that weekend, but maybe Mike and the boys will come down!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    The beach is a private association, (groomed, watched, etc.) so a pass is necessary. Unfortunate but true in this rather overpopulated part of the world.
    Thanks for the explanation. It just sounded strange to me. In the UK, anything which gets covered by water at high tide cannot be owned by anyone.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin