Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,479   Online: 859

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Kenro Izu - "Sacred Places" show

At the Fitchburg Art Museum, April 3 - June 5, see

www.fitchburgartmuseum.org

for details.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lucky Dog !!!! Wish I could go. His work is incredible.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello,
    I'm a new apug member in the Boston area. Just want to let you know I'm here.
    Lonnie

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Saw the Kenro Izu exhibit...

...and all I can say is WOW. Don't miss it!

About 60 pictures (some are multi-plate), most are single plate 14x20" platinum/palladium (hope I have that right) prints on watercolor paper.
    Pictures from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Easter Island, India, Ankor Wat and other places.

What impressed me most was his compositional mastery. There is one photograph of dusk at the pyramids that has the setting sun notched just to the right of the middle pyramid - I was in awe. His Easter Island images really got to me as well.

In addition, the museum had playing a video "Kenro Izu: Sacred Places" where the photographer discusses his career, techniques (including printing process) and insights. This video is produced by the Peabody Essex Museum...I'm going to see if I can buy a copy (the Fitchburg Art Museum doesn't have any for sale).

This isn't the only photographic exhibit currently at the Fitchburg Art Museum - there is also an Andy Warhol exhibit upstairs as well.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw this exhibit today, and WOW is right.

I had both kids with me, so I went through the show way too quickly. I'm going to have to go back and take a little more time. The work is really exceptional. Thanks, Bill, for letting us know about it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin