Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,675   Online: 984

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

another trip to the Quabbin

Hey all dlin will be in the area around May 28th and would like to take a trip out to the Quabbin. Anyone else interested?
    More info to come.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds like fun, but I'll be out of town that day. Do you know high is the water level is currently. It seemed low last fall, but with all the rain I would expect it to be high. I would like to head down there this spring, but I wonder what the water level will do to the pictures.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Quabin Again?

Gene- Altough I enjoyed Quabin I would be interested to go to another locale. I found it to be a little limiting. It's your area so maybe you can come up with some alternates. Personally I like buildings or streams where I can go in and get wet. Just a thought......
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Gene,
    I think it would be fun to get together with a bunch of folks from the area. We don't have to limit the choice of shooting location to Quabbin- I'm certainly open to suggestions. Since this will be a brief "leave of absence" from the family during our visit to Amherst, MA, areas relatively close to central Mass would be the most convenient for me. I'm looking forward to the trip out east.
    All the best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Guest Visitor

I have already PM'd Daniel that I will make myself available when he is in Mass. Any other of you guys want to show some Eastern hospitality to our midwest neighbors?
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I'm in

Gene,
    The 28th sounds good for Quabbin shoot. There are plenty of opportunities to "go in and get wet", peters, so let's wander around a bit. What gate do you suggest, Gene? The visitors center is a bit limiting but offers long shots. Up-close and personal may be better at one of the northern gates... east side? I used to live on the road to Laurel Lake on the other side of the Millers River. Plenty up there as well. OOOOOOh this is exciting, Black flies and all.

Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An interesting area of the Quabbin would be along Rte 122 heading east from New Salem to Petersham (pronounced Peter-sam). There are plenty of places to park and hike on in... swampy marshes, bogs and other sites.
    I always wanted to head up to that area but time constraints with a one-car family kept me away. It is about an hour north-east of Amherst, where Athol, Orange and New Salem meet. My sister lives about a mile norht of this area.
    Does this sound OK to anybody else?
    And Whitey... what's your real name? We may know each other.

gene LaFord
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

transportation?

I'm going to join Gene at the Quabbin, leaving from the western 'burbs of Boston. I drive an old Cherokee and can gather others with similar intentions. Any takers? Plenty of room for LF stuff, conversation on the way... I'd love to have company and I'm willing to do the pick-up/drop-off stuff as early as you want to go. I'm thinking we might hit the northern end of the reservation, so it's less than a 60 minutes drive from the Concord Rotary (if that means anything to you.) Maps are available here

http://www.mass.gov/mdc/maphome.htm#...ir%20Watershed

Alternate plans? Other destinations? Come on, folks, I'm relatively new to photography and I need some brains to pick.

Whitey

PS About the name: it's Whitey, not Whitney. Think Whitey Ford, a famous name when I was a very young and very blond child.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Swampy things?

Guys I want to join up but I need more variety than what I saw at the Quabbin. It's you're area so as far as alternates go I have to follow your ideas. If you do end up at the Quabbin then I will see you on the next outing.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry to miss this again. My wife just made plans for that day and I can't back out.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin