Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,191   Online: 963

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Local show?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

All Right!

This is getting better all the time. 10 AM it is.

First of many?

Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Last call!

We're getting together tomorrow at 10 at the Belmont Hill School photo classroom, exit 58 from Rt 2 in Belmont MA. No forewarning necessary, come join us if you can for coffee, conversation, a sharing of prints, ideas, plans for a group show and general bull------g about life and the cost (and beauty) of silver. All welcome, follow the signs once on campus.

Whitey Morange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    see ya in the am!!

gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Done!

OK, so it wasn't the biggest gathering we've seen in years. A show is planned for September 06 (open to all who can get there work here reasonably) and good conversation was had by all of us. To Gene, Bill, Suzanne, and Ed - a big thanks for coming up and chatting. It's really nice to put faces with names - and avatars.

Perhaps a shooting session next? I know Gene is up for it.

whitey

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Whitey
    I would like to send work for your upcoming show if it is a go could you pm me the details. Shipping from Toronto is not such a problem and if you would like I could involve about 5-15 APUGers from this area and send the work in mass to you. We have some pretty good artists up here and if it is a small van packed with art next year I can arrange all of this.
    Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enjoyed meeting everyone, and especially enjoyed looking at some work! It really is very satisfying to see prints in person. Since we have til '06, we should be able to pull together a stellar show of film photographers! Thank you for hosting Whitey, and looking forward to more NE APUG get togethers.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New England as a concept...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Whitey
    I would like to send work for your upcoming show if it is a go could you pm me the details. Shipping from Toronto is not such a problem and if you would like I could involve about 5-15 APUGers from this area and send the work in mass to you. We have some pretty good artists up here and if it is a small van packed with art next year I can arrange all of this.
    Bob.

Bob. The idea of geting work from talented folk in Toronto is wonderful, but the gallery is a bit small for an "all inclusive" show. As plans get more solid I'll keep you in the loop and I hope we can work things out. Local work is going to get the priority, though, for practical and for... well, community reasons. I'm hopeful of building a local network of APUG types who might come together over a show.

Maybe a "Toronto in Boston" show all by itself?

Whitey

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What Suzanne said.

I had a great time, and thanks, Whitey, for organizing it.

--Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, me too!!

Great to see that those who attended are *REAL* people! - And to seeing un - "scanned and squeezed through the `net'" work!

Looking forward to an encore!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... I'll admit it, I had a good time too!
    Thanks Whitey for hosting the get together. I am hopeful that we can do this more often. As I said, the Valley Photo Center is also a good place to meet.
    And yes, I am up for another photo outing, either at the Quabbin or to someone else's choice.
    It was good to meet Ed, Bill and Suzanne.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin