Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,185   Online: 1105

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=Suzanne Revy]Should we try to meet at this PHSNE show this time? Or move a meeting back to the weekend after thanksgiving, say the 3rd or 4th of December?

Hi Suzanne and All!
    I too was thinking that since a number of folks were committed to going to the PHSNE that we might as well meet there, it would be a longer drive for me, carpool anyone?, but I am game if that's what the group decides.

Also, if the concern/conflict is that we are meeting too close to Thanksgiving, then I'd vote to meet the weekend after Thanksgiving, at Valley Photo I presume, that works better for me personally, but again I will defer to what works for the group.

At this point my concern is that we haven't decided, and I have other commitments on hold because I am giving this one my priority, since I really really really want to meet you all!!!

Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm late in answering this thread, but I'd love to meet up with you others in springfield... or any place. I'll be coming up (out?) from the cape and either day is ok with me.

Doing some shooting for an hour or so is great also. I mostly do architectural work so staying right in springfield is ok, also.

Drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm also wondering if any new englander LF users are interested in meeting and/or forming some group/org to discuss/review/learn the various aspects of LF equipment. As I am also a MF user, all those interested could join in. Let me know. We could meet on the Cape or someplace more centralized. If there is already a group out there, please let me know about it.

Drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always willing to offer the classrooms where I teach. Large, easily reached from the highway and plenty of parking in scenic Belmont, MA. There are some venues for photography around here, but not many terribly exciting ones that I know off hand. Cambridge is right down the hill, however, and the T into Boston is a very short ways away. Large rooms and some equipment for lighting possible and lecture space aplenty. Perhaps a talk from someone and then a social hour or dinner? If we want to, we can plan something, but I'm a bit tied up at work to do all the planning right now.

The Moveable Feast Camera Club?

The Landau Gallery at the school next month will be hosting a photographer named Joe Schatz, and the work will run mainly to color (d*****l) landscapes. They are beautifully done.

The New England APUGgers Show will be here next September (probably starting in late August) and Papagene has kindly offered to help me curate it (didn't think I registered that, did you Gene?) I've got about 150 running feet of wall space with the possibility of a bit more. We're running ideas around about how the show might be structured. Always open for more. Thematic? Open? Silver only? Self printed only? What-have-you?

As I said in another post, I'll be at a table at at the PHSNE Photographica show in Watertown on the 19th and probably the 20th. If we wanted to meet up there or later I'd be up for it. At least stop by and introduce yourself if you come. I'll have a sign that says "APUG?"

Whitey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I have a few free moments right now... been busy at the Valley Photo Center setting up the Int'l Assoc of Panorama Photography exhibit, having a bad cold and my father being in the hospital (on top of a regular 40 hour/week job).
    So let's make it Dec 3rd or 4th at the VPC. Those are better dates for me any way, now. Let me know what day is best and we'll go from there.
    Man... I could right a book on "How Not to Turn Your Work in for an Exhibition!"
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew,
    There is the Western New England LF Photogray Group, but has members from all around New England and is pretty much an open membership. PM me and I'll send you some info if you are interested.

gene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Gene,
    Sorry to hear you've been under the weather and sorry to hear about your dad, I wish you both good health and better days ahead!
    Regarding our get together, I guess I'd prefer Dec. 3rd, but I can make it either day.
    Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Either day works for me, too!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm also interested in meeting up after Thanksgiving....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A little off-topic... Bill Hahn and I are going to the Quabbin this Sunday. I plan on being at the Visitor's Center at 10:30 am. If any one else is interested, you are more than welcome. I know that the water level will be rather high, near or at capacity, but it should still be a fun time.

gene

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin