Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,562   Online: 984

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    It is from Major Mudd! You're quick. I've been using this on another forum for over a year and no one's gotten it yet.

See you in a month.

IBBY!
    Lizz
    "At either end of the social spectrum there lies a leisure class."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AHA! Gotcha, Lizz. Welcome to the public side of APUG.
    Whitey

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Dec 3

So exactly at what time are we meeting on Dec 3??
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My plan is to meet at the Valley Photo Center at 10:00 am - wander over to Gus & Paul's (about 200' from the Center!!) and have breakfast; then back to the Center about 11:00 am. How does this sound to everyone?
    And for those just deciding to attend, please PM me your snail-mail (US Postal) address so I can send you a map. I will post general directions here at a later date. The map will have places to park that are free (and around the corner from the Center) so you don't have to park in the garage and end up paying through the nose. And if you got a nose like mine, you'll go broke!!
    I am hoping for a good turn out to try and get a casual plan for other get togethers and photo-taking outings.
    Thanks to all for your interest.

gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to it, Gene. How about you send those directions along with the print exchange print to me?? Or if you give the address for VPC, I'll map quest it. Thanks for organizing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    <OT>
    Anyone going to the PRC auction tomorrow night? http://www.bu.edu/prc/auction.htm
    I was thinking about it, but $50 seems a bit steep
    </OT>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's been a very hectic last few days trying to set up the current exhibit at the VPC <as I shake my head in disbelief over so much... I'll be quiet> with another couple of evenings work to finish hanging the exhibit, and spending the weekend in Herkimer, NY watching my daughter's community college soccer team win the NJCAA Div III National Championship <proud dad juz gotta boast >
    I will try and get maps out by the end of the week - these are for finding free parking near the VPC. You can get general directions from any on-line map search to 1500 Main St Springfield, MA 01115.
    As I said above, we'll meet at the VPC at 10:00am, wander over to Gus & Paul's for a quick breakfast and then back to the VPC. If any of you want to get there a little earlier, I'll be there about 9:30 am.
    I hope we have a decent turn out for this. There are quite a few APUG'ers here in New England. It would be really great to get together on a somewhat regular basis.
    If you have any questions, please PM me.
    Thanks

gene

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just wanted to bump this, and point out that Gene's directions arrived in my snail mail today....looking forward to seeing you all.

I will be bringing a copy of Christopher Grey's book "Master Lighting Guide for portrait photographers" which I will be giving away. If more than
    one person wants it, I suppose we'll have to pull straws, draw lots or find some other random fair way to figure out who gets it.

Of course there is the possibliity that noone will want it!

Cheers,
    Bill H.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still waiting for my directions... but anyways, does anyone have a number of who will be attending? Should we bring prints for each person to have?

drew

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Drew,

>Should we bring prints for each person to have?

I don't think things are as formal as that (but it's Gene's party). (Just went back to read Gene's original post at the beginning of the thread.) By all means bring prints to show your work.

Since I'm a darkroom novice, and not a very good photographer, I probably won't
    bring any prints at all. But hey! I'm giving away a book on lighting!

Cheers,Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin