Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,904   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Photographica Show!

I attended both days at the show and was very pleased to meet several APUG'ers there.

Whiteymorange was looking after his friend's table and it was great talking to him. A nice guy and very knowledgeable. I wish I had more time to talk..

Jim McD is also a member of PHSNE (Photographic Historical Society of New England) and was the Floor Manager for the event. He was busy but was able to talk for a while. A nice guy!

PhotoPete and I exchanged information on a Patterson print washer. I hope I was able to help him get it going. He was walking around dazed by the gear like me..

In the middle of all this were tables of camera gear calling out to us...

I was finally able to buy a prism finder for my Rolleiflex SL-66!! It took me two years to find an affordable one. Also found the elusive 645 negative holder for the Omega D2..

Two 8X10 cameras called out to me but I must learn on my Calumet 4X5 first..Maybe next year.

All in all a great weekend and some very nice people from both APUG and PHSNE..

Thanks to all who stopped to talk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a great time both days. Thanks to Whitey's eagle (yet non-stereoscopic) eye, I picked up a pair of 00 shutters for $10 a pop and a Canonet QL17 RF for $20. I'm aready halfway through my second roll with that one. What a fun camera! No luck with a Series VI screw-in filter, alas. My quest for that one continues...

It was nice to meet folks in person and chat in realtime. Looking forward to the next one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though everybody spoke of the show not being as big as it has been in the past, I couldn't get through all of the stuff calling out for may attention. I missed getting (for lack of money) an 8x10 Seneca City View camera in wonderful MINT condition for $325. Big, black and beautiful, complete with original case.

I did pick up some old brass (see Jim Galli's bit on the old B&L Petzval projection lens) one of those Canon QL17's and a nice Retina IIc for $20. Good time, great people. See everyone in Dec as PapaGene shows us some Springfield hospitality.

Thanks for dropping by, everyone who said Hi.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Canonet QL17 for only $20.00!!! Oh man, I am jealous! :o

gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene
    A Canonet QL17 for only $20.00!!! Oh man, I am jealous! :o

gene
    Somebody there was selling a box of Canonets and other small cameras. All a lot of them needed was a foam replacement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was incredibly glad to meet Greg French (not an apugger but wow his daguerreotypes were outstanding) and Whitey; had a great time, and had lunch at Sepal next door, the best falafel ever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sionnac
    ...had lunch at Sepal next door, the best falafel ever.
    Their falafel really is something special...I'm convinced there's MSG in it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    Their falafel really is something special...I'm convinced there's MSG in it...
    falafel? How did I miss this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was happy to meet a couple of APUGers, too. I somehow escaped without buying anything, but I'll be calling some people this week to buy the things they didn't take with them to Watertown. And Whitey - I have a possible lead on some cheap neg carriers ($20ish). I'll let you know.
    I came really close to going into LF, too. It's just so pretty. Does anyone around here teach how to use them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bethe
    There are several of us that shoot LF regularly. If you go on one of our photo outings we can show you how them things do work. LF is fun to use and print.

gene

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin