Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,982   Online: 818

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Merry Christmas everyone![I] 4 more days left till....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Drew! Merry Christmas to you and a very Happy Holiday Season to all.
    And remember to please be safe out there on the roads this weekend.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK folks... Whitey has offered the use of his school's darkroom facilities for either the MLK weekend or during the Ides of March. The use of the VPC can be scheduled anytime - well almost anytime.
    What we need is to have someone(s) step up and lead these workshops/gatherings. Who would like to set up a Darkroom Workshop to be held at the Belmont Hill school? You can choose the subject(s) to be covered, make arrangements with Whitey for dates and equipment needed.
    And who would like to head a LF workshop (portraits?) at the VPC? There will be a LF exhibit on display April 5 thru May 5.
    Whitey and I will do our best to be gracious hosts at our respective facilities, but we both have a lot of responsibilities there that cut into our time. And I have precious little time to do my own photogy as it is. So please, lets have other people step up and lead a couple of these workshop/gatherings.
    Oh... I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and got the toys that were dancing through your dreams. Heres to a happy and successful 2006!!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    While I'm scarcely qualified to lead any kind of workshop, I'm very interested in large format portraiture. I'd be willing to donate use of reflector with stand, black background cloth, couple of lights (continuous, not flash) on rolling stands, polaroid film holder, and even would spring for 3-4 boxes of polaroid sheet film (we're talking real money here folks!) for general use during the workshop.

I scarcely ever get the chance to shoot portraits, would love to have some willing subjects (or even be one, though I hate having my picture "taken").
    Also I know very little about lighting, would appreciate any pointers....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like you Bill, I would not be qualified to lead an LF portrait workshop, (although, I can go on and on about portraits in general) but I think with some polaroid backs and some lights/reflectors, and a few other toys we could certanly learn a thing or two from each other. I have a Speed Graphic, but no Polaroid back. So any portraits I make will get souped at home. I think this workshop would work well at the VPC, and for me sometime late March or April. It'd be great to get a few more APUGgers from upstate NY as well, so Springfield might be a good choice again.

I think getting a group together, some who know their way around an LF camera, and some, like me, who are pretty good at portraiture, but not as comfortable with LF and everyone willing to pose for eachother would make for a productive day. Unless we want to spend some $$, and bring in a "name"? I'd be happy to try to get this organized, Gene. If I get some positive feedback, I'll start a seperate thread.

It turns out we may be away for the MLK weekend, so if there's a darkroom workshop (would love to see someone organise pt/pd demo) I may miss that. I've done some pt/pd printing, it'd be a bummer to miss, but not as big a priority for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Suzanne,

Count this as positive feedback. I also envisioned this being done at the VPC, with those wonderful high windows. In the job lot of darkroom/camera stuff I bought recently, there is a studio tripod on wheels, which may make focusing a little easier with the LF cameras....

Use of polaroids is strictly optional, but I will make my polaroid back available to all...

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Happy Holidays Folks!
    I just want to put in my vote for a LF workshop at VPC as suggested by Suzanne and Bill, late March and April would work best for me too, too many ski trips in January/February, I'd be willing to help out in any way that I can, looking forward to others' feedback!
    Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The one time a class I was in went over lighting, they put me in the chair to be the model. So I still don't know how/where to put lights, etc..
    Though I don't do LF, I'd like to soak up all the knowledge I can. As long as I'm around, I'll do what I can to make it. And Springfield is fine with me, as is anywhere around here (I don't mind driving).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

workshop

I'm willing to help out for the lighting workshop. Don't pretend to know that much about lighting but I do have 4x5;5x7 or 8x10 cameras. I did do one project with portrait and natural lighting. Someone have a polaroid back because that is the quickest way to learn?
    Still willing to do darkroom and/or platinum workshop. Need to get feedback with time and place. I only say that because I could easily host 4 or 5 people at my house. I'm not really sure that I can just breeze into Whitey's darkroom facilities and be comfortable there. That would be a waste of time for everyone.
    Who is still up for a trip to Bash-Bish? If you haven't been there you are missing alot. Spring is just around the corner....
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be willing to help out in any way...but am not that interested in portraits. I could bring the 4x5 and a polaroid back if needed or if someone wanted to use it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin