Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,065   Online: 963

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peter & All,
    I am definitely interested in a darkroom/platinum workshop and a field trip to Bash Bish, March/April are still the best times for me, I'll wait to hear from the rest of the gang!!!

Happy New Year!
    Cheers, K

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Get Together

As I mentioned previously I'm not the big Portrait person but am more than willing to show up and spend time with people in rotation to show them the workings of a view camera. Not everyone will be sitting or taking portraits at the same time; therefore those who might be interested to try their hand with a view camera will have plenty of time to play...
    For darkroom We need to clarify what is most important for people to want to learn, see, or do.
    For Plat it would be good for everyone to be able to make an enlarged negative and a print of their own. This would take an entire day. If people just wanted to see the process that take less time. Maybe you could all bring an overly dense negative that will print for platinum. Cannot cut corners there.
    Start throwing out ideas everyone.....
    Best, Peter
    (almost went to BashBish today it was so beautiful outside!)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Happy New Year everyone,

I have some studio lighting equipment (lights,stands, softbox, umbrella, flash meter, canvas background, etc.) that I can bring to a workshop if the date works out. I love shooting portraits, and while not my day job, do take the occasional portraits for pay. Here's a portfolio of studio portraits that I put together last year:

www.phongdoan.com/Photos/PortraitOne

Cheers,

- Phong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok, a stupid question...what the hell is "BashBish?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    Yeah! I apparently missed this, too! What's BashBish, again??

Looks like we have some interest in an LF portrait workshop. I will start a thread next week when I take a closer look at my schedule, and propose a couple of dates in late March or early April.

Happy New Year, everyone!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    Bash Bish Falls State Park SW corner of Mass.

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/western/bash.htm

I'd like to go there this spring..

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a full set of strobe lights too (2 mains and 2 fills - Speedotron). Umbrellas, softboxes, backgrounds, grids, reflectors, snoots, barn doors, etc... that I can bring as well. As long as the date works out.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice website Art! also...I wonder if I could bring (or send) my "future" daughter in law as she is getting into portrait photography and would love to gain some practical experience? She isn't an apug member yet...but did buy Sean's mamiya equipment!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey! This sounds like a party! All we need is a specific time and date. I'll bring a couple of cameras, a couple of polaroid backs, some lights and a nice big drop background... oh, and a lot of curiosity and a wealth of inexperience. Good enough?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i'd love to join the party, but my child rearing activities might take my weekend. when a time/date is figured out, i'll see if i can make it.

soundss like a blast

john

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin