Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,170   Online: 1229

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Future NE-APUG events

As Whitey just mentioned in his e-mail to those who attended the gathering in Springfield, we should be posting our suggestions for future events in this forum to let all NE-APUG'ers know what's going on.
    And I have a suggestion concerning workshops that have been suggested:
    That any workshops that do not require the use of darkroom facilities can be held at the Valley Photo Center in Springfield. Actually there is plenty of dark space there, but running water in an adequate space is a problem.
    There is enough electric outlets and capability to have several studio lighting systems going at the same time.
    So let's not over burden Whitey and his school's facilities.
    We are off to a great start for getting this region to be a very active branch of APUG.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought about going through all the apug members to find New Englanders, and in fact, went through all the "A"'s and found only one "$modelman$ The list would be too long.
    Should we start a new thread asking for New Englanders to identify themselves?

drew

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you're a subscriber, you have access to advanced member searching in the "member links" menu, which includes a location search, but it only works for members who have filled in the location field in their profile, and if you search by state you'll miss members who report their location as "Cape Cod," for instance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Gene, I had been meaning to ask you about what the possibilities were for using the Valley Photo Center, someone mentioned doing a large format portraiture workshop, I think that this could work in your space, I'd really be interested in this workshop because I have no experience with LF and limited experience with studio photography, so I am looking forward to our next get-together! Krystyna

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Maybe if we can get ahold of a couple of Polaroid backs...
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the polaroid back for a 4x5 which, if not sold, I will bring.

also a p-back for the mamiya 645 super/pro

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I also have a polaroid back for a 4x5, and I know Whitey has one, cause I donated it to him...
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a question for the group... Anyone interested in seeing some photograms produced? Not just placing an object on to a piece of photo-paper, but a photogram where different cut-outs and a moving light source produces shapes and forms and a range of tones from white to black and everything in between.
    I have a friend who lives right next door in Chicopee who produces these amazing photograms, which can be interpreted as landscapes, figure studies even portraits. I have one I obtained in an exchange with him and it is quite beautiful.
    This could be something down the road for a future gathering. Just throwing out a suggestion - Whitey, he could do a demonstration for your students.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    too far out for me...but others I'm sure are interested. Give me straight vertical lines and a 5 stop range!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to see that, gene. After the usual feathers, marbles and slinkys, I sort of lost interest in the photogram...I would love to see what can be done in the hands of someone who understands it better than I.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin