Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,495   Online: 875

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1115161718192021

Shooter
    Multi Format

Thank you to everyone...

Hi all,

I had a really good time, and I learned a lot! As a newbe, I really appreciate all the time people took answering my bzillion questions, and letting my try out what was being taught on their cameras...

Thank you Gene and Suzanne for organizing, Bruce, Bob, Ted, Bill, James for teaching...(who did I miss?)

Thank you Whitey for some 16mm film that expired before I was born. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but my father was impressed.

Hope to catch you soon.

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fred, that was a great photo you had sent to Brandon. He showed it to me right away. He was very impressed.

I think a lot of people came away from the event with a new understanding of LF. We created a monster out of Manjo. He went out and got a Polaroid 545 holder off Ebay and he's looking to order film. We know what he will be doing all week.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I want to thank Drew Whitey and Bob F for their largess...I have already completed testing on the expired materials that they donated, and plan to start using them this weekend...

Thanks to Gene for unlocking the vault in the basement where I spent most of the day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Speaking of expired materials...

I put the 100 foot roll of Pan-X (exp in 1963) that I got from Whitey in a bulk loader and spooled up a short test roll. Whitey, you were right, it's only lost about a half stop of speed and there isn't nearly as much fogging as one would expect! Not bad considering this stuff expired 6 months before JFK was assassinated!

FWIW - This stuff went "beyond date" 4 months before my 5th birthday!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! bob I would love to see images from that film, can you share with us ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For anyone who may be interested, I may be organizing a large format shoot for APUGers in the NY/NJ/PA area some time in May. It will be held at a Mill complex on the Delaware River in Stockton, rural Hunterdon County, New Jersey, four hours from Springfield, MA. It is an easy ride.

Info will be posted in the New York regional group subforum and I will keep it up-to-date.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    Wow! bob I would love to see images from that film, can you share with us ?
    Well, all I shot was a Macbeth color checker and a gray scale. I'll shoot some real images this weekend (I hope).
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    I put the 100 foot roll of Pan-X (exp in 1963) that I got from Whitey in a bulk loader and spooled up a short test roll. Whitey, you were right, it's only lost about a half stop of speed and there isn't nearly as much fogging as one would expect! Not bad considering this stuff expired 6 months before JFK was assassinated!

FWIW - This stuff went "beyond date" 4 months before my 5th birthday!

We call it Geezer film. It was kept in a sort of crypt- a stone basement on Cape Cod since new, -very little solar radiation reaching it and probably about 55º at the warmest. Still, you have to me impressed at the staying power of that film.

By the way, I've got Plus X as well- same source

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The date of the APUG shoot in NJ is Sunday, 21 May 2006. All details are in the mid-Atlantic forum under "NJ AGUG with NJ/PA" thread.

Great location. Please think about driving the four hours to attend.

James

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin