Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,677   Online: 764

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Master Printer Business-Closing Sale

For all of you Metro-Bostonians:

Master Printer Amy Hahn is closing up her Boston Studio, and selling off some amazing used gear. I stopped by today to pick up some chemistry and paper she was kind enough to give away, but the main sale will be tomorrow from 11:30-5:00 She has both 4*5 and 5*7 enlargers, a Cambo C1, Pd/Pt and Gold toning chemistry, plus lots more. I know that you are all saving your nickels for the PHSNE auction on Saturday, but you may want to head over there Saturday if there is some specific darkroom equipment you need. The address is 348 Congress St, Boston. It is down the road from the Children's musem.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    She going digithell?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, getting out of the biz. She will help her husband run his rare book business.
    She also has one of those Ilford magic boxes that takes an exposed sheet of paper and spits out a dry, developed print 90 seconds later. If I had the $$$...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks pete

its sorry to see that amy is closing her shop.
    she is the best printer i know ...

i'd love her print dryer! or her durst enlarger, but i don't have enough room for 'em

-john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I work just down the street form there. Maybe I'll stop in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    thanks pete

its sorry to see that amy is closing her shop.
    she is the best printer i know ...

i'd love her print dryer! or her durst enlarger, but i don't have enough room for 'em

-john
    I think she is just tired of the business side of things. She still has a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for her craft. I learned more tricks about printing just casually chatting with her than I would have thought possible. I wish she would write a book...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    CR@P - I took today off, so I have to go to work while this is going on. Unfair! Not that I really have the space or could justify the $, but still...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CORRECTION- the sale is SATURDAY, NOT TODAY. Sorry about the confusion. I thought it was Friday all day yesterday (Imagine my disappointment this morning)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Is there a site that describes what is for sale?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoPete
    I think she is just tired of the business side of things. She still has a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for her craft. I learned more tricks about printing just casually chatting with her than I would have thought possible. I wish she would write a book...

i know what you mean pete - business side of things tends to be a real bummer sometimes. its sad though that she is going going gone ... not many (probably no one!) people left in the boston area who are as good as her.

she has printed things for me when i had too much to print ... i wouldn't trust anyone else in the area with my film, and no one in the boston area does archival work as she did --- she was the only one who didn't put hardener in her fix--- there is always zona, panopticon &C but they all harden their fix, and their prints didnt' even compare to amy's stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin