Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,304   Posts: 1,681,616   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PHSNE Auction today was unbelievable

A really nice Rolleiflex for under $30, great 35mm set-ups going for $5 to $20, Big box of Brass lenses- Waterbury's, Petzvals, RR's- some with shutters and lots in very nice shape-$120. Big sale of the day: Century Studio 8,Very, very nice shape, 11x14 with lens and shutter and the complete, magnificent wood and iron stand- $200.

If you don't go to PHSNE shows and auctions, you're loosing out big time. I bought a box of cameras and lenses for $10 that included 6 good lenses and 2 light meters.

PhotoPete and I had fun and jim McD worked hard while we watched.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    A really nice Rolleiflex for under $30, great 35mm set-ups going for $5 to $20, Big box of Brass lenses- Waterbury's, Petzvals, RR's- some with shutters and lots in very nice shape-$120. Big sale of the day: Century Studio 8,Very, very nice shape, 11x14 with lens and shutter and the complete, magnificent wood and iron stand- $200.

If you don't go to PHSNE shows and auctions, you're loosing out big time. I bought a box of cameras and lenses for $10 that included 6 good lenses and 2 light meters.

PhotoPete and I had fun and jim McD worked hard while we watched.
    Whitey! You're not supposed to tell anyone where the good deals are to be had! Next year I might not be able to buy cameras with the money in my car's ashtray.

I am still agonizing over that 4x5 setup and the Omega D enlarger that went unsold because there was no opening bid.

Jim-
    Is there any way I can get in touch with those sellers to make them an offer, (with an auction fee to PHSNE, of course)? I couldn't sleep for the grinding of my teeth over those two...

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ya, I might be interested in the enlarger.. Maybe we can do some phone bidding for it. Drew

ps, let me also say, I wish I had known about that auction..as I was in the Waltham/newton area yesterday afternoon with nothing to do!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What is the PHSNE?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Z.
    What is the PHSNE?
    photographic historical society of new england
    http://phsne.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I'm just jealous!

Until a few years ago, the Dallas/Ft. Worth area had 6 camera shows a year. No $30 Rollies, but there were deals to be had. Alas, the shows have dwindled to 2 a year, and the last one was not worth the admission charge.

I guess Ebay and digital have killed the local shows, but there was nothing to buy. Very few dealers, and very few items at some of the dealers. I used to go to them all, I will go to no more.

However, if I could get to Boston ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin