Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,200   Online: 965

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Topics...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even the opportunity to shoot with seasoned veterans of photography is a blessing. I am in the waltham area, anyone interested in shooting in boston (freedom trail may be), sunset from harvard bridge on a weekend, email me 'manjo at manjo.net. I can do sundays. Winter I think will be a good time to aviod tourists in touristy areas (heh .. I am sort of a tourist myself to NE)
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Franklin, so not too far away. I wouldn't mind shooting on a sunny day in Boston, but I'm not overly fond of being cold. And I'm not a "seasoned veteran", but any shooting I can do is fun. I never feel like I get out and shoot enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Whitey and I have stated a few times, we both are willing to avail the facilities we respectively are associated with (the VPC = me; and the school where Whitey teaches), but others have to step up and organize these events.
    Besides working a full time job in a warehouse, I volunteer my curatorial services to the VPC. I will be down to the Center for the next seven Saturdays, not to mention meetings, receptions etc. I don't have a whole lot of time for my own photogy.
    So please, if you would like to see something happen, step up and organize the event.
    I don't want this to sound like a rant, so to put it in perspective here's an event that happened when I was associated with the old ZONE Art Center in Springfield:
    A group of teachers asked to meet with a couple of us board members. So Ron M. and myself (Co-Chairs of the Artistic Committee - big name for curators) met with them. They said we should do this, and do that, work with this group and that.
    Ron and I said "All well and fine. We both are volunteers. We both have full-time jobs. We both have families. And we both have very little time to pursue our own artwork. And that all the other volunteers at ZONE were in the same predicament."
    We then invited these teachers to join our board and head up whatever activities to work with school children they perceived as neccessary. Never heard from them again!
    Moral of the story... if you want to see something happen, make it happen.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok...so if this next meeting is to deal with large format portrait photography, then we need someone who deals with LF and someone who deals with portrait work to organize the day. I don't think it has to mean that they have to get there very early to organize...but instead they would work together (thru email, phone, etc) and come up with a schedule of events. This also doesn't have to mean that they will "teach" the given subject matter...because there are many who use LF and others who do some form of portraiture, but they can step up to the plate and do the organizing and scheduling.

Other things like the zone system, photographing architecture, landscapes, etc, can be done at a later date.

drew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin