Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,665   Online: 951

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Topics...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Other Topics...

I'd love to see a workshop set up that would include a host of subject matter such as the zone system, filter usage (for color film) a more in-depth shop on LF shifts, tilts, swings, etc. The zone system I know a bit about...but not all. I use filters with b&W...but not much on color film, and for architecture, I mostly use the rise and fall of the front standard..but never touch the other controls.... and I think there are others out there that know a bit..but not all of these subjects. So, I'm thinking about one day to cover all these items and then go out and shoot late in the day. Any thoughts? ...or any other short topics?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm willing to host said workshops, based on school calendar issues of course but, being a bear of little brain, I wouldn't be able to provide much actual content. Any knowledgeable folk out there that want a site for a workshop in the western 'burbs of Beantown? PM me to discuss details if you want to get it set up before announcing it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am interested in a practical session on the zone system. I have only read about it and dont know if I use it correctly. But, it will just be great if I can hang around and learn. I shoot MF and 35mm though. I am always on for shooting some rolls with a bunch of like minded ppl.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=manjo]I am interested in a practical session on the zone system. I have only read about it and dont know if I use it correctly.

To start off, I think you place the darkest area that has detail in zone 111 (3) and go from there... wait...maybe I need to learn this stuff also!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ain't none expurt, but I does have sum knollege of LF moovments!
    But seriously folks... set a date and I'll try to be there, barring any conflicts with happenings at the VPC - which makes Sundays better for me.

gene

PS. I don't think I'll use SpellCheck on this post.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So what is the final vote here? is there going to be a workshop ? I would like to learn how to use a spot meter and the zone system to get the correct exposure. I have a spot meter and use it from time to time but I dont know if I am doing it correcly. Usually I spot meter+zone and compare with the camera's TTL meter if I am way off I pick the cameras metering. It will be great help if someone is willing to share the knowledge.
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    So what is the final vote here? is there going to be a workshop ? I would like to learn how to use a spot meter and the zone system to get the correct exposure. I have a spot meter and use it from time to time but I dont know if I am doing it correcly. Usually I spot meter+zone and compare with the camera's TTL meter if I am way off I pick the cameras metering. It will be great help if someone is willing to share the knowledge.
    Well, so far we have Gene offering to talk about LF movements and a couple of people asking about Zone system and exposure... Doesn't sound like we could call it a workshop yet, does it?

What we need is someone who actually wants to teach one. Maybe is we pony up and offer an honorarium? Just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    U mean pay a $$ fee ? beer ? :-) I dont mind paying for a good lesson/practice
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to keep these gatherings informal and free. There are NE-APUG'ers who use the Zone system and spot meters who can help other members.
    I don't know what the weather is going to be like in the next couple of months - this is New England after all and weather prognostication is a very risky venture on good days. And water levels at the Quabbin are VERY high. So a practical field session may not happen until mid or late April.
    Lets see if other members step up to demonstratre their skills.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in. Any knowledge I can glean from the folks here is appreciated. I've started shooting mostly 6x7 MF, and would also like to learn Zone system basics, filter usage for b+w, and spot meter usage. Even some tips on good composition would be great. (Or anything else photography related).

Marco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin