Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,033   Online: 752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    No, but if you want to send me 3 or 4 reloadable cartridges, I can spool up some 2302 Fine Grain Positive Motion Picture B&W stock you can use to make slides from negatives. It is about 6 to 8 ASA and will process in Dektol under a yellow safelight. (PM me if interested)

You could contact print it or optically print it (with a slide duplicator).

You'd have to play around with the processing times to determine your best density, but it should be about 7 to 8 min in Dektol @ 70 degrees to get normal gamma.
    That stock is on polyester?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kentbulza
    That stock is on polyester?
    Yep.

The 2302 is polyester and the 5302 is acetate.

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frank, besides the base, are there any other differences between the 5302 and the 2302? I've only seen so far people writing about the 5302, so I wasn't aware of the '2.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JustK
    Hi Folks! Just wondering if you know of anyone in the greater Hartford or Springfield area who can make slides of B & W photos? There's a juried show that I want to enter but they only take slides or a CD of your work. I'm not sure what to look for in the yellow pages. Thanks for any help!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in March!
    Cheers, Krystyna
    You will get more viewing time if you submit a CD. Most judges these days prefer CDs than slides.

I'm assuming the prints aren't to large for a flat bed scanner to handle.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Frank, besides the base, are there any other differences between the 5302 and the 2302? I've only seen so far people writing about the 5302, so I wasn't aware of the '2.
    No, the emulsion is the same, but the base DOES make a bit of difference in the image upon projection; the acetate is a bit more diffused looking and the polyester a bit more contrasty than the acetate (all other things equal).

I have the theory that polyester colimates the light better than the acetate, which tends to scatter it more; my SWAG (scientific wild-ass guess).

We tend to aim for a total systems end gamma of 1.5 to 1.7 to allow for lowering of contrast via light scatter in the lens, the smudged projection port , the atmosphere and the dirty screen.

Just being pragmatic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin