Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,086   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

The next NE-APUG event (after Portraiture at VPC)

Hi all-

I am very excited about the big event coming up in two weeks, but I want to start us thinking about the next event after that. I propose a group photo outing in Greater Boston one weekend day in April. Manjo and I spent an enjoyable Saturday morning shooting at the DeCordova sculpture park and barely scratched the surface of what's there.

Possible locations to consider for such an outing:

- The aforementioned DeCordova museum (Lincoln)
    - Fort Point Channel/Seaport district (Boston)
    - Boston Common/Public Gardens (Boston)
    - Cape Ann (Gloucester, Rockport, etc.)
    - Other

If there is interest or other suggestions, please reply to this thread. I would like to keep this event LF-friendly- i.e., no major hiking involved.

In two weeks I'll make a poll with all of the suggested locations so we can vote on a destination.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adding to the list of things to do....

Possible locations to consider for such an outing:

- The aforementioned DeCordova museum (Lincoln)
    - Fort Point Channel/Seaport district (Boston)
    - Boston Common/Public Gardens (Boston)
    - Cape Ann (Gloucester, Rockport, etc.)

- mount auburn cemetery
    - Boston skyline from the Harvard bridge (evening/night)
    - Cape Cod light houses
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    35mm
    boston would be so much easier than western mass. i live near conway and an event closer to the coast would be welcomed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depending on timing and weather, I'm in. Any of those places is good, but may I suggest adding the area near the Christian Science Center in Boston? Once they're going, the fountains are cool and there's a reflecting pool that's very pretty when still. The architecture and potential street-type shots are good, too. I'd rather do Boston or DeCordova than Cape Ann, but that's 'cause I live near Rhode Island. Also, the good spots up north seem to be scattered a bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I'd rather do Boston or DeCordova than Cape Ann, but that's 'cause I live near Rhode Island. Also, the good spots up north seem to be scattered a bit.
    Do you have recommendation for good spots in the SE Mass? Fall River, New Bedford, South Dartmouth, etc...

Is there still an abandoned amusement park on Rt 6?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    two spots I've been putting off in boston is as has been mentioned...the christian science place along Mass Ave, and the Broad Street area as the various types of architecture is spectacular. Drew

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Also, the good spots up north seem to be scattered a bit.
    The good spots up north? Scattered? We have lots of good stuff up north. Isn't that why the majority of the population of Massachusetts comes up here every weekend?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The good spots up north? Scattered? We have lots of good stuff up north. Isn't that why the majority of the population of Massachusetts comes up here every weekend?
    I was only thinking of the Cape Ann area. I like Motif #1 (and the shopping nearby), and there are nice dock areas in Gloucester, but the lighthouses aren't too close - you have to keep getting back in the car and driving somewhere else.

As for SE Ma, I don't really like Fall River or New Bedford because I never feel safe. But there must be some good old factories, etc.. I might try Woonsocket, RI sometime, though for those. The Cape is pretty much a "target rich environment" as an old military friend of mine would say. And I don't know about an old amusement park - someone whose lived in MA longer might.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes that amusement park which was in Dartmouth I think, burned down 5-10 years ago...and I'm not sure if anything is left to photograph. maybe each member should suggest a location near where they live, and host the event, which would include setting up, with directions, subject matter, and then a place to eat after. Others would decide if they want in on it or not. We could spread this out over the year. Workshops such as the 25th and others including dark room practices, zone system, architecture, landscape, etc, are what I'm most looking forward to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boston area would be great (relying on public transportation). I can also pitch the Arnold Arboretum (right next door!): here. Hopefully some spring budding and crocuses by then.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin