Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,310   Online: 864

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Shooter
    35mm

Hi,

I am based in Boston. I do b/w and develop/print them myself. Is this group based in Eastern MA? How can I enroll?

thanks.

-D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's based whereever you want it to be; and I guess you just enrolled. Welcome and enjoy the experience.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome dxphoto from Hawaii. I'm not sure what you are looking for; there is a sizeable group of people from you area of the country. But, I'm not sure you can say that APUG is based anywhere - the server is in California and the owner in New Zealand. Just hang on and enjoy the ride.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    I did not know we had to enroll. Does the new england group have a cool secret hand shake?

Hello, from the Southwest USA
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I did not know we had to enroll. Does the new england group have a cool secret hand shake?

Yeah, if you ever come to New England, you'll probably see it quite often. It's really more of a one finger kind of gesture rather than a handshake. :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark

Wellcome to APUG New England..

yes, in fact we do have a cool hand shake... we extend our hand out, wrap our fingers around a cold aluminum can, pull the tab upwards, extend the can to the facial area, take a sip, and say "Ahhhhhhh" If this is done in tandom, it is a wonderful experience! That is, of course, after spending the day outside photographing our favorite subject matter, whatever it may be.
    Last edited by Drew B.; 03-14-2006 at 08:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome dx... The NE-APUG group is centered in New England, no real location. I am one of the dirctor/volunteers at the Valley Photo Center here in Springfield and Whiteymorange teaches at the Belmont Hill School in Belmont. These two sites have become de facto sites for NE-APUG, but nothing official.
    Keep an eye on this section of APUG for happenings that may come up. And it's nice to see APUG'ers from other parts of the world visiting this section - thanks!

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a temporary transplant from TX to MA, and this group is one of the friendliest and nicest I have found so far in NE.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

The Secret Handshake...

Mark wrote: I did not know we had to enroll. Does the new england group have a cool secret hand shake?

Mark: the New England Group secret handshake is intricate and dangerous. The last time I tried it, I didn't have the requisite 20 yards of free space to get the running start, and wound up spraining both knees and splitting my pants. Really.

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The initiation into NE-APUG requires a ceremonial dunking in the Quabbin Reservoir followed by a test of bravery, skill and insanity with a mad dash across Rte 128 during rush hour, trying to avoid Boston's infamous drivers.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin