Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,611   Online: 1264

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wild Flowers in NH or MA ?

I hear that NH / MA has wildflowers in spring, April / May. Anyone know any good spots ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    I hear that NH / MA has wildflowers in spring, April / May. Anyone know any good spots ?
    Hi Manjo,
    There are lots of great spots, just head to any state/national park/forest or conservation area, I do a lot of hiking in New England, and you can find the usual violets and lady slippers and trillium and lots of other beauties everywhere, you can even find rare alpine flowers on Mt. Washington, naturally things will bloom earlier in southern NE and later in northern NE, are you looking for anything in particular? or are you looking to explore a particular area? I don't know where you live, but I might be able to suggest something close to home.

Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard there are some great fields of lupines near Laconia, NH. I don't know any other details. In Framingham, MA, there's a place called Garden in the Woods. I work about 3 miles from it and have never been, but I've heard it's good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I've heard there are some great fields of lupines near Laconia, NH. I don't know any other details. In Framingham, MA, there's a place called Garden in the Woods. I work about 3 miles from it and have never been, but I've heard it's good.

Yes! Garden In The Woods in eastern MA, and Bartholomew's (sp) Cobble in western MA, and there's also a lupine festival in Franconia, NH every year, and here in CT I look forward to the mountain laurel (our state flower) when it blooms!!!

K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AH! awesome, I thought there were wild flowers only in central texas ;-) (just kidding)

JustK do u know the typical bloom time ? CT is not that bad of a drive from MA. When does the wildflower season begin in N NE and S NE ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Manjo,
    I am not a flower expert, I know more about places to walk/hike, but I think you can start finding spring wildflowers around the middle/end of April, we usually have these spring wildflower hikes in our local state forest at that time, I am sorry that I can't be more specific, maybe someone else here knows more about particular flowers and bloom times???
    Cheers, Krystyna

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin