Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,254   Online: 1126

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A Little Help...

As many of you know I curate the exhibitions at the Valley Photo Center. The next show is a LF show of work from the members of the Western New England Large Format Photography group, LF photographers from all around the NE region.
    Well... the turn out has been rather small and there is not enough work to fill the main gallery, probably just enough to go on the Teller Wall. I asked Bruce Barlow if I could extend the drop-off deadline to this coming Saturday, April 1st, and invite NE-APUG'ers who shoot LF to join in the exhibit.
    If you have two photos you would like to exhibit ("Ready-to-Hang") I invite you to drop it off at the VPC this Sat from 10:00 am 'til 4:00 pm.
    I had toyed with the idea to make a request last week, but (1) I had hoped for a good response from the WNELFP members on Sat and (2) was quite preoccupied with the events of the day.
    The exhibit runs from April 5 to May 5 with a reception on Sunday April 9 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
    Again two photos, ready to hang. You can PM me if interested or just show up. I thank in advance any and all who may participate.
    Sorry for such a short notice.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gene, just an idea, if you gave ppl a mailing address, they could mail in some LF work. I dont have anything yet that I can contribute, but I would rather mail in my photos rather than drive to VPC.
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manjo - we are an all volunteer organization with full-time jobs outside the Center. There isn't someone there at all times to receive work. Also it is a bit much to ask Center members to receive packages at their place of employment.
    If we had gobs of money, then this wouldn't be a problem.
    And besides the cost of shipping a framed (under glass) print, two-way, is more expensive than a drive to Springfield.
    Thanks for you input though, it is always appreciated.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin