Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,623   Posts: 1,647,787   Online: 1071

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    finished a project i have been working on ( documenting a hospital ... ) everything is printed, re-fixed and washed ( 80 5x7s ) and am almost ready to ship it out - just have a few minor details to work out and its on its way ...

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Working at the "real" job more than anything else. Did adjust and lube that Bessa though, Drew. Sweet little camera! Thanks!

Took some time today to shoot polaroids with some old lenses I have around. I've attached the files. Each is taken at wide open for the lens. The little lion statue is an old shoemaker's tool for setting eyelets in leather. The one labeled "littlebrass" and "smBrass" is a lens I bought at the PHSNE auction is a box of stuff.(Yes, Bill, I did change the variables -even the labels- rather randomly in my testing - who needs real data anyway?) It came on the ruins of a wooden shutter box and has one stop plate that fit into what looks like a jury-rigged slot in the body. Image circle is about 4.25" There is one shot with the stop inserted and one without. Not much difference at this level of testing. The BandL petzval is about a 330mm and covers 8x10. The anastigmat is from a 3A Kodak and the RR is from the old Rochester that my wife's grand-dad bought used in the first decade of the 20th century.

Anyway, that's the story from the western burbs.

Remember- APUG show at Belmont Hill School late August. Start gathering your stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anastigweb.jpg   BandLPetzvalweb.jpg   littlebrassweb.jpg   RapRectweb.jpg   SmBrasswithstweb.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok.. Just realized you can't see the filenames so all that explanation of the images is useless. Left to right: Kodak 170mm anastigmat, B and L Petzval, Small brass unknown without stop, Rapid Rectilinear 4x5, and last, a detail from the small lens, this time with the stop inserted. Cold room, variable lighting and a second rate photographer explain the color shifts - polaroid 59.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    whity are those shot with polaroid color film ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have been busy down to the VPC lately. This past Sat morn I was up to the Quabbin and exposed 12 sheets of 5x7 film. So I expect to be developing a bunch of film this week.
    This coming weekend I will be playing with a Rodenstock 300mm f9 Apo Ronar Mr Fowler so kindly mounted to a Packard shutter.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by manjo
    whity are those shot with polaroid color film ?
    Yes. Type 59. Sensitive stuff. I was trying to shoot in a very cold room - warming the holder, the film and my hands above a lamp fixture. It almost worked...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, what do you all think about a New England Analog Photography Users Group? (NEAPUG)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drew
    I already refer to us up here in this neck of the woods as NE-APUG'ers.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    (Yes, Bill, I did change the variables -even the labels- rather randomly in my testing - who needs real data anyway?)
    Whitey, I have this recurring nightmare where I think I'm a youngster again watching "Mr. Wizard". And he's about to show us how ice forms, and then suddenly it's Whitey instead of Mr. Wizard, and I hear things like "Did I say water? Don't have any, let's try this turpentine instead." And then: "Did I say cold? Why don't we try heat instead?" ... and then eventually, "While the fire department fights that, let me fill this balloon with hydrogen and try to influence its movements with this candle."

Ok, this is an exaggeration, but you actually did say something on the ride back from the portrait workshop that really got my attention: "I can't believe I lost all of downtown Springfield." No offense, but I'm bringing a GPS unit next time....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    Remember- APUG show at Belmont Hill School late August. Start gathering your stuff!
    Oh sure...tell us at the last minute....

-Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hahn
    Whitey, I have this recurring nightmare where I think I'm a youngster again watching "Mr. Wizard". And he's about to show us how ice forms, and then suddenly it's Whitey instead of Mr. Wizard, and I hear things like "Did I say water? Don't have any, let's try this turpentine instead." And then: "Did I say cold? Why don't we try heat instead?" ... and then eventually, "While the fire department fights that, let me fill this balloon with hydrogen and try to influence its movements with this candle."

Ok, this is an exaggeration, but you actually did say something on the ride back from the portrait workshop that really got my attention: "I can't believe I lost all of downtown Springfield." No offense, but I'm bringing a GPS unit next time....

Oh sure...tell us at the last minute....

-Bill
    Come on, Bill, I really said "I can't believe I got lost IN downtown Springfield." After all, when you are comfortable in an area, lost is a relative term. I grew up in the Ct River valley. GPS? Typical scientific overkill. We could have just stopped and asked people where to go, but I thought your locking of the doors and the frightened look you sported as soon as I said the word "lost" was just too good to cut short. I thought you were going to have a kitten when I told you that I had left us at least a few quarts of gas before pulling off to refill in Worcester! You need to get out more.

Adventure, Bill! That's what it's all about. Who the hell wants to always know where they're going?

(The above material was written with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. No offence meant, no harm intended... We still friends? I promise not to give you another ride from hell.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin