Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,267   Online: 789

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pretty quiet in New England

Not much happening around here...eh? What's everyone up to these days?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, I just went out to test a new lens I bought - a Nikkor 24-120 f3.5-5.6 VR lens. I didn't shoot much, the coast is packed this weekend, and the place I went, well, I've never seen so much trash - this island is just plain filthy. So, I didn't shoot too much.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    Well, I just went out to test a new lens I bought - a Nikkor 24-120 f3.5-5.6 VR lens. I didn't shoot much, the coast is packed this weekend, and the place I went, well, I've never seen so much trash - this island is just plain filthy. So, I didn't shoot too much.
    It's a great lens, very versatile. See you in Toronto!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Wijesinha
    It's a great lens, very versatile. See you in Toronto!
    It has a nice feel, focus is fast. I haven't tried the VR feature yet. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I have heard people complain that it is soft, but all the magazine reports I have read say otherwise.
    Last edited by roteague; 04-17-2006 at 02:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    April 8 I showed Manjo some of my favorite sites in Harvard, Mass, but the weather was horrible.
    Begged out of shooting this weekend - had too many errands - but doing errands discovered a site where I shot a few pinhole shots. (Abandoned amusement park - soon to be torn down. Shot pinhole thru the chain link fences...and made a new mistake. Advanced 120 film for 6x6, when frame was set to 6x9, I'm looking forward to many multiple overexposures....)

Now I'm at work with a throbbing left wrist and left knee - what a drag it is getting old....:-(.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's an idea...

http://www.worcesterart.org/Exhibiti...hen_shore.html

I'll be on my way back from the APUG conference n May 7th, otherwise I'd probably go to Stephen Shore's talk at the museum. I would love to go see this show. Anyone else interested... let me know. We can meet up!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did my first cyanotype (it worked better than I thought it would), but I haven't been doing much else. Trees are starting to bud, so maybe I'll go out with some HIE soon. My allergies having been keeping me back lately ('cause the trees are starting to bud).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's normally quiet this time of year. Another week or so and the roar of lawnmowers will be competing with the buzz of mosquitos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well, I've been documenting an old farm w/overgrown trees and shrubs and out buildings in terrible shape. It is owned by the town of barnstable and is a 17th century trust site which has to stay that way for perpetuity (sp?) Other than that, its been quiet..although the sky was great yesterday!

drew

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's not quiet in my household! Saturday mornings I take the kids (two boys, ages 7 and 9.5) to karate. Then they split up and my older son goes to soccer and the younger to piano lessons (older son has piano on Thursday evenings). The younger son has soccer on Sunday. I'm so glad that basketball has ended. But now my older son is talking about joining a swim team. And he is interested in baseball, too.

It looks as if I'd better specialize in sports photography.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin