Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,427   Online: 764

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mount Auburn Cemetery Sat 04/22 anyone ?

I plan to spend 1/2 day at the mount auburn cemetery (if it does not rain), I have not done much shooting for a long time now, I need to test my polaroid back and the fuji quick load stuff I bought... Anyone interested ?
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: How long till I get the pictures back?
    [COLOR=Blue]Photographe[/COLOR]r: It will be four days
    [COLOR=Red]Cartman[/COLOR]: Four days! oh my god I cant wait that long
    -- South park

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Manjo,

I'm interested but can't make it. On the other hand, I learned tonight that some members of the Assabet Valley Camera Club has scheduled an outing there for the same day (morning) , so you may run into some other (35mm) shooters. And I will gladly take you shooting at Fruitlands once the museum opens.
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't join you on the 22nd...as I'm working on my house...almost every weekend it seems!

drew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am calling off this shoot due to rains. Its going to rain sat and sun according to forcast. DAMN! Another weekend goes wasted.
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi guys

i'd be careful photographing in the cemetary.
    the people that are running it ( and swan point here in rhode island ) are becoming more and more anti-photography because of what they suggest is " an invasion of privacy" ... i found out the hard way when i was doing a portrait-thing here at swan point, and a security guard drove up to us to assure no names or dates were "able to be read" ...

this seemed kind of strange to me, considering the cemetary movement that mt auburn and swan point were products of, considered the cemetaries to be a public space like a park - a place where people could have a picnic, or wander, or paint/photograph ...

so if you are approached by a car, or "whoever" ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought this is a public park, and specificaly this one supposed to have started the parks movement.... . " an invasion of privacy" ? that is wired! The names of the buried are listed on the internet, and also shows where the grave stones are located! I think the security guard was having a bad day and was looking for someone to pick on. As long as the park does not put out a public statement saying what you can or cannot do, I think its our in liberty to photograph it.
    -- South park

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    it might be kind of weird, considering the history of the cemetary as a public space, but i'd be aware that is pretty much the way things are these days. i really wouldn't worry about it too much, just be aware that someone may tell you the same thing i was told ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill, Manjo... please keep me updated of any good photo ops coming up. I will, as always, keep looking at these threads.

Will I be seeing anyone, beside Manjo, in NJ on 21 May at the Prallsville Mills complex? It is a great location for photography.

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin