Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,911   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PHSNE photographica show

This weekend! This show is perhaps a shadow of the giants of yesteryear, but it's still a lot of fun and a chance to buy a lot of great gear for cheap. Finds from last fall? I got two big brass Petzvals for $20, a new/old stock Prontor shutter for $10, a Canonet GIII QL 17 for $15 and a very fine Retina IIIc for $20. I passed up two or three things I kicked myself for later and met a bunch of wonderful people. Come! Join PHSNE if you wish and glory in the fact that there are people out there with more photo junk in their lives than even you have!

Click here for directions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend (in NYC), so I won't be able to go to the Photographica. I have always enjoyed them in the past. Here's some photos I took a few years ago.

http://www.pbase.com/phong/photographica

Speaking of shadows of their former past, anynody else misses the old Hunt's annual shows in the fall at the Wolrd Trade Center, down by the water front ?

- Phong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have to agree with you, Whitey. It's the best place to pick up the stuff we need on the East coast. I am embarassed to tell you about the great deals I have found there over the years. The Hunts show is dead, but Hunts is there with the best deals on film you will find (look under the table for the short dated stuff that i haven't already bought).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hunts had a smaller show in Melrose I think..this past year and the deals were pretty good...although most was slanted toward digital. If I can tear myself away from work around the house, I might drop over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I'm going to be in the darkroom and doing laundry. Maybe I can make it on Sunday...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    This weekend! This show is perhaps a shadow of the giants of yesteryear, but it's still a lot of fun and a chance to buy a lot of great gear for cheap. Finds from last fall? I got two big brass Petzvals for $20, a new/old stock Prontor shutter for $10, a Canonet GIII QL 17 for $15 and a very fine Retina IIIc for $20. I passed up two or three things I kicked myself for later and met a bunch of wonderful people. Come! Join PHSNE if you wish and glory in the fact that there are people out there with more photo junk in their lives than even you have!

Click here for directions.
    I will be there Saturday Whitey. I posted full information a while ago but should have bumped it up as a reminder. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum139/25978-photographicas-65th-photographic-show-sale.html

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I think I'm going to be in the darkroom and doing laundry. Maybe I can make it on Sunday...
    hmm, doing laundry in the darkroom....?

I have a question....since film cameras are being phased out, I wonder if newer things such as RZs and accessories for it or even M645 lenses would be found at this show??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    hmm, doing laundry in the darkroom....?

I have a question....since film cameras are being phased out, I wonder if newer things such as RZs and accessories for it or even M645 lenses would be found at this show??
    Drew-there is a pile of modern equipment there. The place was full of medium format stuff at the last show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK... Bargains spotted so far:

Chromega D enlarger - $20. That's right, $20. Seems to be in great shape
    Walker Titan 4x5. Asking $900. Lots of other LF cameras and lenses scattered about. Most pretty inexpensive. Occasional silly overpricing from some guy sitting glum and lonely, but mostly good prices.
    A serious table full of lenses and 35mm camera bodies and, and, and - $5 for anything there.

Hunts is selling film for cheap. Velvia 4x5 11/06 Buck a sheet

Our very own JimMcD and JHannon walking the floor in an official capacity. People in APUG shirts occasionally spotted.

10 to 4 tomorrow, I believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    OK... Bargains spotted so far:

Chromega D enlarger - $20. That's right, $20. Seems to be in great shape
    Walker Titan 4x5. Asking $900. Lots of other LF cameras and lenses scattered about. Most pretty inexpensive. Occasional silly overpricing from some guy sitting glum and lonely, but mostly good prices.
    A serious table full of lenses and 35mm camera bodies and, and, and - $5 for anything there.

Hunts is selling film for cheap. Velvia 4x5 11/06 Buck a sheet

Our very own JimMcD and JHannon walking the floor in an official capacity. People in APUG shirts occasionally spotted.

10 to 4 tomorrow, I believe.

Whitey, It was nice to see you and Jim today. Did you see that huge Century camera with an even larger matching stand at the beginning of the show. It was gone when I looked 2 hours later. I think it went for $300 for both.

A banquet camera was also spotted for $650. Can't remember what size but the back was missing or damaged.

I got a Calumet shutter tester for $5 and a Calumet compendium lens shade for $20 (someone tried to buy it off me on my way to the car).

Lot of fun and nice people, I may be stopping by tomorrow.

--John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin