Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,188   Online: 788

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Geez, This sounds like a good idea. I had a little correspondance with Tillman Crane last year. He was trying to put together a "Scottish Romp" with 8-10 people and I was really attracted to the notion. It didn't happen, but it might be cool to try ind involve him..he knows his way around..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Velvia 50 works in Scotland:

although my scanning and photoshop skills need a little work

Both photos were taken somewhere along the A837/A839 in late August 2005 using my modified Kodak 3A with an Angulon 90/6.8. It was one glorious day that started in Orkney in thick fog, rained a little near John O'Groats but otherwise was sunny all the way to Skye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    Lachlan forgot to mention the days when you might have to endure the "smir".... The very fine and "light" rain that can soak through just about anything, and chill you to the bone... The time when the smirahorrigans get at ya. The best defence is a heavy pure non de-oiled wool that will keep you warm, even when it gets wet. Ken
    Wait...I thought it was just the Irish who told tall tales?

(quote) Hey, just bought a house up there on an island"

Is it a 10 room bed & breakfast?

Hey, I have an idea...why don't we (from the colonies) decide when to go next year and then ask our friends from the mother country to come up with a basic itinerary? We can then individually put together our own travel/lodging packages.
    Last edited by Drew B.; 10-18-2006 at 08:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B. View Post
    Wait...I thought it was just the Irish who told tall tales?

(quote) Hey, just bought a house up there on an island"

Is it a 10 room bed & breakfast?

Hey, I have an idea...why don't we (from the colonies) decide when to go next year and then ask our friends from the mother country to come up with a basic itinerary? We can then individually put together our own travel/lodging packages.
    Drew- letting people put together everything for themselves is a sure-fire way to guarantee it won't happen. The best way to organize it is to plan everything BUT the plane trip, I think. Just tell folks meet at the Sign O' The Ram in Glasgow (or whatever) on Monday the 18th, and we'll have a hired van and driver to take us around. Hotel arrangements will be made, and evening meal suggestions provided as well. Aim for lodging that includes breakfast. If you'd like, I can research an itinerary and put together a price quote, special for APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry folks, just 1.5 bedrooms!
    For the sheep issue I thought about putting the Lewis Roo Bar on the car The Baa Bar :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    If you'd like, I can research an itinerary and put together a price quote, special for APUG.
    Do you have time for this? I'd love it....for the fall of '07

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those pictures look like they managed the 1 sunny afternoon Scotland is allowed!

If I could scrape together the time, I'd love to go - even when misty (normal) Scotland is a wonderful country.

Except in the winter. I can give the winter a miss - dark and high winds on the Islands.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Geez, This sounds like a good idea. I had a little correspondance with Tillman Crane last year. He was trying to put together a "Scottish Romp" with 8-10 people and I was really attracted to the notion. It didn't happen, but it might be cool to try ind involve him..he knows his way around..Evan Clarke
    Tillman Crane obviously knows what he is doing. I saw his book on Scotland and it is beautiful.

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's my photography company's raison d' etre. I can start investigating possibilities and I'll keep everyone up to date here on the thread. Fall 07 sounds like a viable target date. Perhaps around the Columbus Day weekend? I'll look into a five- to seven-day package, and work up Ireland and a Scotland alternatives. I have a travel agent I can work with to help folks with the air and other arrangements. I'll aim for mid-level accommodations, nothing budget, and nothing exotic, unless I come across something that could be a must-see or must-do for a single night.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenS View Post
    Lachlan forgot to mention the days when you might have to endure the "smir".... The very fine and "light" rain that can soak through just about anything, and chill you to the bone... The time when the smirahorrigans get at ya. The best defence is a heavy pure non de-oiled wool that will keep you warm, even when it gets wet.

Ken

Its like that in Aberdeen right now... a good gore-tex jacket is a very effective defence.

Lachlan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin