Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,890   Online: 1070

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Scottish Highlands

Hey, I have an idea...what do you people think about planning a trip for '07 sometime to the Highlands for some great landscape photography? We could spend a year researching it, talking to our Scot members and getting some good advise on best times of the year..etc. We could bring out spouses (my wife wouldn't let me go without her anyways!) So.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Worth thinking about. County Mayo in Ireland is worth a trip. North of the tourists and astoundingly beautiful. Lots of light in June and July, though not always sunny.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We don't need sun! Partly cloudy is good. Overcast, drizzly weather adds drama to images. I think 4-5 days in Ireland and the same in Scotland would be great. ...maybe meet up with our anglo friends for a photo celebration! I am goiing to work on this over the next few months...coming up with costs for flights, lodging, car rentals, etc. I fly Icelandair to Europe. They have great deals all the time, their fleet is in excellent shape, etc. Good Idea Whitey!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew B.
    Hey, I have an idea.....
    Count me in.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another thing to keep in mind...is maybe the next apug conference will be held in GB. That would be perfect!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thing to keep in mind...is maybe the next apug conference will be held in GB. That would be perfect!
    NOW YOU'RE COOKING. Even without the conference I would like to learn how it progresses with an eye to joining (with wife).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi there,
    I would possibly be interested in a trip to the highlands in 2007 - the geological fault line that marks the 'highland line' is about a mile north of where I live! Please don't assume that it will not take much time to travel around - many of the roads are narrow and twisty and, especially in the far North West, can be very remote and cut off. This is not to mention the fact that on some days the sea fog, known as 'haar' can roll in and sit around for a day or two before clearing. If you are planning to come from springtime onwards, please remember to bring plenty of midgie repellent as the Scottish midgie of the west coast is a vicious beast that likes to congregate in great swarms around anything warm and sweaty! If you need any information at all about Scotland you will find that, almost invariably, the SCOTTISH TOURIST BOARD website will at least be able to give some useful pointers.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    If you are planning to come from springtime onwards, please remember to bring plenty of midgie repellent as the Scottish midgie of the west coast is a vicious beast that likes to congregate in great swarms around anything warm and sweaty!
    Lachlan
    Midgies shouldn't bother Drew. He comes from Cape Cod, where live the famous twin-engine greenhead flies - the ones with the knife and fork on their belts. They take chunks of you home for the little ones.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    We don't need sun! Partly cloudy is good. Overcast, drizzly weather adds drama to images.
    Right, ever tried shooting color under those circumstances. I would be interested in going, but if I did it is highly unlikely that I will shoot anything but color.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange
    Midgies shouldn't bother Drew. He comes from Cape Cod, where live the famous twin-engine greenhead flies - the ones with the knife and fork on their belts. They take chunks of you home for the little ones.
    Ya, but they only last around two weeks and are gone...

(it is highly unlikely that I will shoot anything but color.)

Oh...that's right.. there's such thing as color film now. ...forgot!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin